Resolved: Overrides not preserved when library is pushed

I’ve just tested it, by creating a new library and file. It’s working fine. But if I use the library I was using before, it keeps reseting to the default state :pensive:
If I can’t fix it, I will need to create my whole library from scratch. Seems to have some kind of error or something that keeps breaking the instances. So frustrating!

1 Like

Update: I’ve managed to revert both files (library and my working file) to yesterday’s version (through version history). Hopefully it’s working now, but I’ll have to redo what I’ve done this morning - but at least for now it seems to not be overriding my instances.

I’m having the same issue.

Hi

I’m experiencing a situation I’m not really sure how to explain since it feels so complex I can’t even find words for it. I wish there was a way I can get into a chat with Figma or somebody who can see directly what the issue might be… it feels… nightmarish.

My file setup is the following: I have a library file and a product file.
The library file is where all my components are and the product file contains all the flows our product has.

Today, I noticed something weird within my product file. Components were reset to their default state for no reason and I had not done anything to trigger that.

This presented me with 2 options:

1. Use lots of hours to try and adjust reset states to custom states (we’re building a complex product)
  2. Replace Figma files with backup files from the day before where everything was working just fine (I download all files everyday as a backup for situations like this)

I started with option no. 1 but I could see that all components across the whole product were reset which would require perhaps a full day or two of manual mindless work. So I took option no. 2

I replaced my Figma files (product file and library file) with the backup files I have. At first, both files looked perfectly fine. But then I had to connect them together so the product file receives updates from the library file. When I attempted to do that, I saw that a library was missing and I had to replace it with the new (backup) file. I did that.

And then this is where weird things began happening.
Buttons text on the product file would be a different color even though it’s specified in the library. Whole product page designs would swap to other product page designs. Shadows would be missing etc etc etc.

And now I just have no clue how to fix this as it does not make any sense to me and the errors I’m getting do not have anything to do with logic.

PLEASE help!

Experiencing the exact same issue as everyone else. We can not work until it is fixed. :sob:

2 Likes

Hey everyone, we’re aware of this is issue, and are actively investigating. To help us figure out what might be causing this if you could share file access with our team that would be great.

To do this please give edit access to support-share@figma.com for both the library file and the subscribing file.

Thanks

7 Likes

Josh I can give you access, but I think that this is a general issue, there’s a lot of users with the same problem.

4 Likes

Yup we’re aware that it’s widespread but need some help tracking down the issue and getting more information. Give access to the files can help.

2 Likes

@Josh

Do it yourself (simple)

1. Library file - Create 2 button variants (active, default) - publish
  2. Subscribing file - pull the component, change the text
  3. Library file - increase the padding of both the variants - publish
  4. Subscribing file - pull updates - BOOOM - resets everything to all the instances.
12 Likes

Working for DHL, so I can´t give you guys any access to this.

But I can tell you this issue just killed the active release. I backrolled to an older version, but this made even more issues, by overwriting also other instances with the component content.

About 30 people can´t work right now …

1 Like

In my case I have a library file with a set of components, if any of the component properties are changed and updates are pushed I get text values overrides reset in the file where that component is used.

Alright thanks everyone for your reports. We believe we’ve found the core issue now. The team is still actively investigating and will be working on a fix. I’ll be sure to update this thread as I have more info.

11 Likes

Thanks but this is a sort of an issue that should just never happen!

There are tons of perfectionists doing UI design here that want to have complete control over every single piece of the product they are designing.

This seriously undermines how much I trust the product to give me that certainty.

1 Like

Will it be possible for my Figma files to be reverted to a version of yesterday? 19 January 2022?

Yes, you can go to File > Show Version History and then select the one you want.

Yes but the thing is that when this issue occurred, I replaced my files with my backup files and now I do not have the original files on Figma.

Hey @Vasil_Tiholov thanks for reaching out and sharing this feedback. I totally understand your frustration here. With any type of incident like this (big or small) our team always makes sure to look into what exactly happened and how to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

As I get more information on this issue, I’ll be sure to update this topic. For your specific case I would recommend reaching out directly to our support team (support@figma.com) so they can look closer into it.

Thanks

1 Like

@Josh If you need any help to understand. I can help you over a call. This has created a lot of issues now :frowning:

1 Like

Just wrote an email. Hope help arrives quickly as I cannot proceed working at this point…

1 Like

Même problème ici, nous avons des librairies communes, dès lors qu’on pousse des mises à jour, tous nos textes disparaissent…

1 Like