Prevent @mentions from a different organization

hello and thank you for the support.

He is the situation. I have a personal Figma account but I also have an account with the company I work for. 2 different emails and 2 different account.

one day, I was trying to access a file from the company i work for and for some reason didn’t have access to it, so I clicked on the “request Access” button. I didn’t realize that i was logged into my personal account at the time.

access was granted, and I then realized the mistake, so I went in and deleted the access to my personal one.

The problem I am having is that everyone at my job is still able to @mention my personal account. and not just on the file i was granted access to on ALL the files within the organization.

How do I remove myself entirely from this organization so that no one can @mention my personal account anymore?

2 Likes

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I believe you can leave an org by following these steps:

• Go to Setting from your profile
  • Select “Account” tab
  • Scroll down and find the organizations that you want to leave
  • Click the “Leave” button

Please let me know how it works!

Thanks,
Toku

1 Like

I don’t see anything that says “organizations” inside my settings. for reference here are screen shots of what I see.

Thanks for providing the details! It seems like you’ve been invited to specific teams or files, rather than at an organization level. If you’re part of a specific team, here’s how you can leave it:

However, if you’ve been invited to multiple files within a team, you’ll have to leave each file individually, unfortunately:

I know this may not be the perfect solution, but I hope it helps. If you have further questions, please feel free to let us know!

Thanks,
Toku

Hello and thank you for the links. I have gone into every single file that my organization has. all of them and have removed my personal account form all of them. However, I am still able to tag my personal account from any of the files inside the organization.

Hey @izzy4, sorry to hear you’re still seeing your personal account after leaving!

Have you logged out and restarted your computer yet? Sometimes, logging out to refresh your tabs and/or clearing your browser/desktop app’s cache can help.

Here’s how to clear the desktop app cache on a Mac:

1. Quit the Figma desktop app
  2. Open Terminal.app and enter the following command: rm -rf “$HOME/Library/Application Support/Figma/”{Desktop,DesktopProfile}
  3. Try opening the desktop app again

Here’s how to clear the desktop app cache on Windows:

1. Close the Figma desktop app
  2. Open the Start menu, and paste in this, followed by enter: %APPDATA%\Figma
  3. In the window that opens, delete the Desktop and DesktopProfile folders if they exist
  4. Launch the desktop app again

If this is the only solution, then it won’t work. I can’t ask every person in my organization to sign out and restart their computers.

The problem that I am having is that for some reason my personal email can still be seen when someone goes to @mention me. I’ve removed myself from every file, every project, the users and team. For some reason, that personal email still displays and people are able to tag it.

Hey @izzy4, thanks for clarifying your issue!

While I wish we had a clear solution, this is currently expected behavior. Our team made some updates to the @mention logic last Fall. There are some restrictions around @mention behavior depending on your plan and role, so with these in mind, hopefully we can clear up any confusion!

On Organization or enterprise teams, members can mention all members and guests.

I’ve updated your topic into a feature request, and I’ll pass this feedback onto the team for future consideration.

I don’t think you are understanding anything that I’m writing. I fully understand all of this logic. What I am trying to figure out is how do I remove my personal account entirely from my companys instance.

My personal email isn’t associated with ANY of the files, ANY of the projects or has access to anything anymore. However, people are still able to @mention my personal account.

I’m not sure why this would be a “feature”. I just don’t want my personal account to show up anymore and the thought would be that if that account doesn’t have access to anything, that it shouldn’t show up for anyone anymore, but it does.

1 Like

Hey @izzy4, sorry for the frustration!

I hear and understand you, but again, this is expected behavior and cannot be prevented, which is why we changed the topic into a feature request.

As I’ve already mentioned, Org team members can mention all members and guests.

Because you requested access when logged into your personal account, you became a guest of the Org, which is why they can mention you, and there is no current way to prevent that from happening.