Navigate to New Parent Screen From an Overlay

I’d love for there to be a way, when working with overlays/modals, to be able to close the overlay so that when it closes, the screen revealed upon closing is different from the original parent screen. For example, on mobile I have a bottom sheet menu from which I can select an icon that allows me to navigate to a new page. This isn’t the same as swapping overlays or navigating within overlays. It’s that an action from the overlay results in the parent screen (screen under the overlay) changing.

I’m able to do this with Smart Animate with just the menu component, but when I want there to be a dark background to overlay the parent screen, that messes the animation up and the behavior isn’t as one would expect. The animation with the overlay feature is perfect, except that I can’t control which screen the overlay closes on to.

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your idea! We greatly value your feedback, and we would like to gauge the reaction of other members in the community. We may consider it for future enhancements!

Thanks,
Toku

2 Likes