Launched: Figma Dark Mode/Theme

Figma users, the world around (fairly certain of that), would love to see an official announcement that its users can have confidence that someday (soon ? ! ) they can bask in the glory of the Dark Mode that Figma will deliver.

1 Like

Please Figma, it’s winter. It’s dark. Most of us use Figma for UI design - literally designing dark mode layouts. c’mon.

2 Likes

It’s 2022, dark mode is something anyone willing to charge should have prioritized…

1 Like

Dark Mode please guys… :dark_sunglasses:

2 Likes

+1 for dark mode please, I like designing at night and constantly toggle on off the panels to just get them out of my eyes :smiley:

2 Likes

Dark Mode guys, think about it.

1. Pitch Dark Mode
  2. Save Designers Retinas
  3. Designers work longer in Figma
  4. Designers download their love into everything they come in contact with.
  5. Profit.
2 Likes

The retina argument is bull. There’s no conclusive data that proves dark mode works for anything besides extending the battery life of your device.

I personally don’t mind the white. My Discord is white. My Asana is white. My Gmail inbox is white. A brighter screen in a lit room is white. Figma is white. This forum is white. A lot of sites are white.

Though it would be cool to have themes, which if available, I would probably put on middle gray like Photoshop CS3 had.

Flaming the development team with unfounded reasoning is a bit excessive. They have more pressing issues to work on, like the many other bugs we encounter in Figma. Let them worry about some theme later.

And if you want to, you can always install the third party version. Problem solved.

Cause people here are primarily cheap free users (me too) that do not want to spend $4 for a Dark Mode. I don’t mind the white.

1 Like

please implement dark mode in the web version

3 Likes

For the web version, you can use the Noir extension. Works like a charm.

2 Likes

Please include a dark mode. My eyes are burning. :frowning:

4 Likes

It’s been a year. Time to bring dark mode to Figma. I am surprised it hasn’t happened yet. I don’t need a browser extension. I want it to be switchable in the desktop app. Please make it happen soon! PLEASE! :pray:

4 Likes

People have been asking for this for years, please add an option for dark mode.

I’d like to chime in and say that dark mode would be greatly appreciated.

The only working 3rd party dark mode (FigmaDark) has been broken by the recent Jan 27 update.

First is Figma Plus, now this.

Does Figma have a hatred for dark mode or something?

4 Likes

Oh God please, Dark Mode Figma!

I remember when the community was waiting for interactive compoments. Same story. It was in Beta for a very long time and no status updates were given by the Figma team. The same now with dark mode. I think, it’s a shame and bad carma the way Figma treats their user community…

The reason is probably the worst…

Someone in an administrative position has decided to keep us attentive to the product, by getting all those who use figma addicted and hooked to the white light of the screen. At least this is a perception proved by some controversial research which has some base (We do have similarities with flies rounding around the lights).

Of course, the ridiculous assumption about something like that is that we don’t have purpose as individuals and spend endless hours in front of Figma for the goodies.

I personally spend endless time in front of it because my life depends on what I am trying to focus making. I believe the same apply to all of you…

Linkedin still has no dark mode… At some point they will realize that such an unethical biased decision is pointless, and they will give us what we need for better Health of our eyes and mind.

In general though, my personal feeling is that Figma’s development team have built something very basic years ago, and then they hunt unicorns like the figjam. I mean, how difficult is to design a software for Interface Design and to not have the mindset deploying functionality like a dark mode, or Overflowed - Autohiding Right and Left sidebars… Anywayz…

it does not work anymore.

Please add dark mode! :slight_smile:

2 Likes