Keyboard shortcuts aren’t working

I have not been able to use the mask short cut (ctrl+Alt+M) for a month now. How can I fix this?

I’m having the same issues with keyboard shortcuts, even general keyboard commands like delete. I seems to be caused by the bottom right modal Figma uses to promote something (still troubleshooting this). Hope it helps.

Figma’s default keyboard shortcuts are based on the layout of a US QWERTY keyboard. Some of the keys in these shortcuts aren’t available in other languages or layouts.

You can update your keyboard layout in your preferences to access shortcuts mapped to that layout. Figma supports the following keyboard layouts:

• Chinese (Pinyin)
  • Danish
  • Finnish
  • French AZERTY
  • German QWERTZ
  • Italian
  • Japanese (Kana)
  • Korean
  • Norwegian
  • Portugese
  • Spanish
  • Spanish (Latin America)
  • Swedish
  • U.K. (Mac / PC)
  • U.S. QWERTY / Generic

More info on selecting your keyboard layout and remapped shortcuts for your specific keyboard are available here:

2 Likes

I cannot use basic shortcuts like ‘H’ for the hand tool or zoom in or out in Figma files.

I have solved my issue by pressing the windows key twice.

1 Like

I’m trying to use alt+9 and alt+8 at my desktop Figma app and nothing happend!
I’m working on a Figma file

I have a couple of shortcuts that aren’t working.

I’m using the desktop app on Mac. The “Frame Selection”, “Bring to Front”, and “Send to Back” shortcuts aren’t working.

I love using shortcuts so, would love it if someone could fix this issue or tell me how to fix it.

1 Like

I’m trying to use the frame object shortcut option/command/G and instead it only brings up search my google drive??? Please fix this, it would save me SO MUCH TIME! Thanks!

@Jeannine_Frazier_Boone1 Had the same issue. You can change or deactivate the search shortcut in your google drive settings.

Can’t see the dropdown menu when clicking an element with control. Absolute pain that I can’t use it

1 Like

Same issue. Not sure what happened to cause it, but I was able to get it back by going to Preferences > clicked on “Ctrl+click opens right click menus”

1 Like

Hi there, I am experiencing the Lock/Unlock quick key being nonfunctioning. I have to manually doing it by right click and find the option.

Ctrl + A and Ctrl + Z On everything. Keyboard: US International.

Crazy it’s still a bug in 2023.

Hey all,

not sure you are aware that there is a fix for this - at least on the Mac App :

1. click on the “?” icon bottom right
  2. Click the rightest tab “layout”
  3. Select your keyboard layout (mine was on “generic” even though it said “French AZERTY detected”).
  4. Et voilà! All keyboard shortcuts have been updated.

Granted, it’s not yet the ability to customise your own shortcuts, but at least if you learn the default ones they will work :wink:

2 Likes

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this reseted snip & sketch.

Hi, “command +” is not working for some reason.

Hello !
the “@” shortcut to hide/show UI doesn’t work for weeks.
are there other cases?
I’ve got a french Azerty keyboard on MacBook Air (macOS venture 13.2)

3 Likes

I am using the Spanish Keyboard and the shortcuts for: bring forward, and backward, they don’t work… how can I fix this? or is the only way to switch to US keyboard? which then makes me a bit slower with other keyboards because I don’t know them by heart like the Spanish Keyboard.

I don’t understand how to manage keyboards shortcuts… some displayed in menus are working, other doesn’t, and when you open the keyboard shortcuts settings (by clicking the help icon, not very intuitive…) it is a complete different set and some shortcuts actually doesn’t work also…

1 Like

Thank you!!! This has been eluding me for weeks! IMO this should be the top comment