Folders/Sub Folders/Group Pages

@dvaliao thank you for taking your time to monitor our feedback and responding to it quickly :slight_smile: Very much appreciated.

This is something that the community have been rather vocal about for many years though, and I would question why such a fundamental feature has not been prioritized in the product roadmap for all of the years the community has been asking for this…

You’re welcome, @Lars_Jansen.

I completely understand. This request has been a popular one in our community since 6 months before I even joined Figma!

While my team here on the forum continuously hands off these popular feature requests, product teams have final control over what they want to prioritize and build. We have the most eyes on anything +750 votes, so considering that this feature is among the top 5 in the community - there is hope! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

The new page dividers are nice… much better looking than the empty page approach many of us have been using. However, a simple horizontal rule lacks the context our former approach offered us. I would love to see nested pages in addition to these dividers to allow for cleaner file organization to communicate the context for the items in a given group of pages.

1 Like

@Lars_Jansen

Figma doesn’t prioritize this feature not because they can’t provide this functionality of course, I assume they doing this to not encourage users to created nested treeeeees in files because they are not able to handle a good performance)) They can’t handle a good performance even now, not speaking of trees of pages with this potential feature

A better solution is to allow users to create another level of folders inside a project, that’s a good alternative

Performance - the eternal problem of Figma

1 Like

In large design systems like ours, managing hundreds of components is becoming increasingly difficult. The ability to group components by purpose or category and make them collapsible would be a game-changer, significantly improving organisation and usability.

Figma, we urgently need this feature. It was first raised back in 2021, and it’s crucial for supporting designers effectively. Please prioritise this enhancement to help streamline our workflows.

1 Like

Hello, organising Figma file is hard, we need to group some Figma and FigJam file per releases, therefore it would be great to be able to create folders inside existing folders. Every project and teams are different, this will fit any needs.

1 Like

It is nice to see the work with the new UI, resize-able popup menus instead of frames, moving the taskbar to the bottom (although not make it moveable to the annoyance of many users) …

But this actually useful feature (collapse-able pages) that is discussed since 2021 … still no update?

Maybe Figma team should double check their priorities and actually USE the software more instead of just looking at it. :wink:

Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh but it is very frustrating …

1 Like

Is there any timeline for the release of a collapsible page organization system?

even showing “sections” of a page on the page hierarchy/navigation would be a great short-term win.

Add dividers to the flows for better organization of the process.