Folders/Sub Folders/Group Pages

I think it would be handy if we had more control over the organisation of pages, often we break up sections of content with blank pages named ‘___________’ but I think this could be solved more easily with the ability to create folders for grouping pages e.g. a folder name might be ‘UI kit’ and within that there might be pages named ‘Components, Icons, Type, Colour’ etc.

6 Likes

Hello,

I would be super helpful if we could use the left panel more efficiently and create subfolders to the parent folders. Currently we only can have one level of folders per section.

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback, @Lisa_Magness!

We’ve merged your feature request with a similar one to ensure our team has an accurate view of interest from the community.

@dvaliao could you include a link or the name of the other request, please?

@Lisa_Magness I haven’t seen a way to create folders (or sub-pages) at all, could you clarify this?

thanks!

@dvaliao @Dustin_Hansen2 describing the need for more levels of folders for the Teams Sections. Under each team you can have folders. But you can’t create any subfolders under the parent folder. I would like to create several subfolders under each team parent folder.

An option to group pages within a project would undoubtedly make the experience even smoother and more efficient.

When i manage ‘Pages’(sidebar) according to features, Sometimes i separate many lists. If there are ‘Pages-Group(&Fold)’ function here, it will be easier for me and my team to use it

1 Like

This could so useful within large projects, please add this feature!

3 Likes

I wish we could have section feature in left nav to group or categorize pages. I have to make an extra blank page with dashed label to divide pages into different parts. any sort of folder or accordion feature could be helpful to sort and categorize pages.
Thanks

Having a way to automatically organize screens on a page with a flow tree would be helpful. Mobbin does this and it is a great feature.

3 Likes

I would like to further organize my files in a project into separate folders, just like in Google Drive. Working in a large team, things can get out of control quickly with numerous projects and files, so it is always good to have more organization options for effective file management. I also need a cover feature for FigJam files, they look so disorganized when files pile up, it annoys me so much. A thumbnail feature, just like Figma files, would suffice.

+1 to everything above. This is my hack. Seeing some better ones on here though lol. But it would be really nice to not have to do this. I actually work on an app that had this same feature request and it was very well received when we launched it. Hoping work on this is happening. That’s a lot of upvotes and seems like it would help everyone.

1 Like

Love how this thread starts from request and now is more of a “show your page layer structure”

Here’s ours:

And of course i would LOVE to be able to nest layers into groups and collapse them…

2 Likes

I was able to use the creative structure of page grouping in Figma which was helping me (and other designers) managing ton of pages in a file but with the Dev mode kicked in, its getting difficult to manage pages for designers and well as for developers. (Devs only see the READY FOR DEV pages and do not see the page structure.)

It is essential now to introduce the grouping of pages. Just one layer of nesting is more than enough. :pray:

Eagerly waiting for this feature. :face_with_peeking_eye:

This is wrong. Developers can see all pages in the file.

1 Like

Thanks @tank666 for the clarification, almost missed the Show all pages
This starts showing all the pages (Including non dev ready pages)

But the point is that, page structuring is kinda messed up without Page Divider/ Folder/ Subfolder/ Page Group.

I know it’s not really a great solution, but I just used dashes and spaces to make the structure myself. Even though this isn’t a folder structure, I’m still able to understand my organization better.

YES! We really need this kind of organization feature, Figma team!

In the company I work for we’re also hacking it using empty pages, indentation by typing space, using emojis to illustrate what the page is for, and “dividers”.