FIX LAUNCHED! macOS Sonoma: Figma in fullscreen mode - tab behaviour

This is weird:

I have Figma open with a bunch of tabs in fullscreen mode on macOS Sonoma.

When I select another tab, this tab immediately switches/turns to its own fullscreen window.
When I then go back to the original window with the other open tabs, same thing happens when I select another tab in this window. Again, the selected tab opens its own window in fullscreen mode.

I tried restarting Figma and computer, but that didn’t change anything.

This happens only in fullscreen mode and started after system upgrade to macOS Sonoma.

Does anyone else have this strange behaviour after upgrading to Sonoma?

34 Likes

Hi @Filip1 mind sharing your devices specs and setup? Also are you using external monitors when this happens? Are you using the using the external monitors with your laptop open or closed and are you using multiple spaces?

Hi @Ryan_52, I’m on a MacBook Pro M1 (2020) and yes I’m using an external monitor (4K monitor from LG) as my main screen. My laptop screen is open, I’m using it as my second screen and yes again, I’m also using multiple spaces (stage manager is off).

Hey guys, I noticed this issue this morning. I would open Figma with multiple tabs in it, and after a bit, when I click onto some of the tabs, Figma immediately would open in into new window. Anyone else experiencing this?

2 Likes

Hey guys, I noticed this issue this morning. I would open Figma with multiple tabs in it, and after a bit, when I click onto some of the tabs, Figma immediately would open in into new window. Anyone else experiencing this?

15 Likes

@petar are you using the desktop app or the browser? If the latter which browser are you using?

I am using the app @Josh . If you want I can record the issue

Update: It turns out it happens only when I put the app on full screen and on my external monitor, yet not on my laptop built-in display. Strange.

Hmm I wonder if this is an OS thing then. I’m not next to an external monitor at the moment to see if I can reproduce. Does the same happen in the browser in full screen? Or with any other apps?

That, or just some monitor bug, since I moved to other monitor and tried to reproduce but no luck. Weird.

Strange! yeah seems like a bug with the monitor. However, if you’re able to verify this only happens in Figma than feel free to report a bug using the help widget. Our team will be able to take a closer look from there.

1 Like

I have the same issue, very annoying… Is it because of the new OS?

And to add, when I close Figma and open the files from the file browser it works fine. But after a while it even makes a new window when selecting a different tab.

I also reported this in an earlier thread:

I am very sure that it is related to the macOS Sonoma update. Never had this before.

1 Like

I made a screen recording of it, but cannot upload it I see (I’m a new user with this account).

I use the same setup, M1 Macbook Pro 2021, LG Ultrafine, fullscreen mode and laptop as second screen.

6 Likes

I have since used another monitor (DELL S2722QC 4K) with the same behaviour. So, in all likelihood, it has nothing to do with the monitor (I would have been extremely surprised).

same here. It started after updating to Sonoma.
MacBook Pro, 13-inch, M1, 2020."

Thank you everyone for that info, I have passed it along to our engineering team and we will investigate further.

3 Likes