Find/Search Keywords and Text in FigJam

This would also be very helpful within normal figma design files as well! We have our marketing team do copy revisions in Figma until we have a CMS they can manage on their own and this would make it much easier to use.

1 Like

+1 a text search would be very valuable when sorting through many sticky notes.

+1 please add this functionality. Need to find keyword for affinity mapping

+1 Need! Itā€™s pain atm

Hi all! I made a plugin for this :point_right: Search Stickies

Iā€™d love to see it as a built-in feature but you can search the board with this plugin in the meantime. Would love to hear your feedback!

3 Likes

Would not even be trying figjam without this. Works great!

We need this! Core feature to enable complex boards to be more user-friendly.

I Agreee I often use ctrl - f to find and change multiple text at once. being a UI designer I often use a lot of text to simulate real contents. being able to change those text instantly would be amazing! please include this on figma design file and figjam THANK YOU!

Agreed, it is necessary to find words.

Any word on when a search feature will be added to figjam? we are using figjam for research, audits, note taking etc so this would be incredibly helpfulā€¦ (and i agree with others mentioning that this feature was super useful in miroā€¦)

Yes agree with everyone here, this is an essential feature, necessary with the jam files getting more intrinsic

Iā€™ve made a plugin which allows you to search across all of your FigJam (and Figma) files: Supersearch. Itā€™s fast and wonā€™t slow down on larger files.

Please add search and advanced search features in FigJam such as tagging and searching by tag or filtering by tag. I used this feature heavily in Miro when I was synthesizing user feedback data or user interview notes.

Hey All,

This is already on our radar! We donā€™t have an exact timeline to provide just yet, but weā€™re working on it. Stay tuned!

In the meantime, there are plugins in our community that can help. Hereā€™s a couple of examples: Search Stickies & Supersearch

5 Likes

Just adding my voice to this ask. This is a crucial feature for my long term use of Figma.

Maybe you can try my ā€œA Selectorā€ plugin which currently supports Figma and Figjam to find elements by various values.A Selector

Still nothing? Please donā€™t close this.

This would be so helpful for research

Massive +1 on this idea!

Coming from previous organisations where I could use Miro, Iā€™ve become heavily dependent on being able to search for text within stickies when doing research analysis. Not being able to do this in FigJam is super painful and makes analysis much more time consuming!

Please implement this ASAP, not all companies are allowed to install 3rd party plug-ins as work arounds for missing core functionality.

+1 - this capability would dramatically improve our existing workflow, which involves exporting all our sticky notes to a CSV and working out of the CSV (aka: not in Figjam, which makes us consider simply using a spreadsheet instead)