Figma Support Forum

Find/Search Keywords and Text in FigJam

Yes, I also wanted to use FigJam to consolidate the research findings and label them to make findings visual and easy to collaborate. However, not having text search is a blocker. So I need to switch to Miro instead.

2 Likes

Considering the tool is used for brainstorming and organizing large amounts of qualitative data, not being able to search is a huge blocker to the workflow. There is no easy way to lookup and reference notes quickly. The alternative is scanning and reading every single note.

2 Likes

I agree, it’s a major roadblock to not have a basic text search given we’re consolidating a lot of qualitative data into our various Figjam files. I’ve tried installing community-created search plugins but they only appear as available plugins while editing a standard Figma file. Has anyone found a way to search for for text? The browser-based search does not even work.

1 Like

I created a beautiful graph for prioritization with a bunch of sticky notes but cannot search by text. This makes it very difficult for me to track and look for certain notes to the point where I may not be able to use figjam for large-scale organization.

Is anyone using a plugin or workaround to help solve this?

4 Likes

I have a similar use case. Looking to use Figjam as a way to synthesise my research note. I would love to collate and connect related points, but with a lot of data to manage it’s hard not being able to search text.

2 Likes

Yes, I also wanted to use FigJam to consolidate the research findings and label them to make findings visual and easy to collaborate. However, not having text search is a blocker.

1 Like

Absolutely need this feature.

1 Like

100% need “CMD + F” search function guys - it’s a no brainer and makes coming back to a packed board VERY hard to stomach when you know you wrote a note or label somewhere, but are unable to find it. :face_vomiting: