Dev mode freezes the Figma desktop app

Every time i run Dev mode for like the last two weeks, the application freezes and can be frozen forever

For me it all started few hours ago.

I am able to activate the Dev Mode but as soon as I select something the entire app just freeze…

Please Figma team let us know if there’s something our side we can do to get rid of the issue, I am under deadline :joy:

Tested online too and as soon as I select an element the tab freezes and the only solution is to close it and open the project again.

It sounds strange! We don’t see any ongoing issue around Dev Mode. Could you try the troubleshooting below?

• Close any Figma tabs you’re not using
  • Browser : Force-quit and open Figma in a new browser window.
  • Desktop App: Force-quit the Figma Desktop app and restart it. If the issue persists, try clearing the cache.

If the issue still continues, could you reach out directly to the support team with a copy of your file: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?

Please make sure you use the email associated with your Figma account, include links to the file in question, and share access with support-share@figma.com. Don’t worry, inviting us to view your file won’t impact your billing.

Thanks,
Toku

To be honest the issue seems to be gone…

I have done no one of the actions you suggested, the only difference is that while I was trying to activate the Dev Mode one of my colleague were commenting on the file.

Don’t know if this is of any help

Same here. 3 people in the team, we all have the same issue, different operating systems, cache cleared, Figma up to date, nothing seems to help. We can’t move on with the project, please send help ASAP!

@Andrea_Barghigiani1 @IMONDA_Studio_Ltd

If the issue still continues after the troubleshooting, could you reach out directly to the support team with a copy of your file: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new ?

Please make sure you use the email associated with your Figma account, include links to the file in question, and share access with support-share@figma.com. Don’t worry, inviting us to view your file won’t impact your billing.

Thanks for your patience!
Toku

I am running into this issue as well.