Create one prototype across the pages in a file

+1 I need this feature

1 Like

+1 to having this feature. Links to another page open in a new window which is slow and annoying.

1 Like

Is there a Plugin that can do that ā€œleapā€ between pages to make a bigger prototype?

Iā€™m also in the brink of having my giant client moving away from Figma due to the size of the prototype and the need to have it going from page to page. To show different user journeys.

4 Likes

Please for the love of Zeus! +1000 for this feature.

4 Likes

PLEASE GIVE US THE PROTOTYPE ACROSS PAGES IN FILE!! whoop whoop

4 Likes

Is there a roadmap somewhere we can see how far in the distance this might be?

4 Likes

Please add this to the roadmap we need this feature!

4 Likes

+1000, shocked that this doesnā€™t already exist on Figma.

6 Likes

+1000 Need this feature!

3 Likes

Yes! I also see the other topics related to this, and would like to add an example to this larger idea.

Experiences are not necessarily exclusive on one device anymore. They are growing more fluid between devices- web, mobile, tablet, watch. As a designer, I would like to prototype and share experiences with my team and my clients, that transcend devices, and want to be able to share the story seamlessly, without jumping between prototypes for each device.

Example: A customer and his family go to a restaurant and take a table. They notice an iPad-like screen fixed to the table where they can place the order. This screen shows a QRCode that the user can access on their phones. The userā€™s other family members on the table can also do so, because it would be cumbersome to just have one person on the table access the QRcode. Now, everyone on the table are accessing the menu on their respective phones. As they drop in their personal orders, the screen in the center of the table is updated, so that the main/first user can take a final look to confirm and place the order.
When the user places the order, all members on the table get confirmation messages as well. Additionally every user gets a respective confirmation as and when their food items are ready.

As you can imagine, sharing this experience and telling the story would be hard, if I need to bounce between two prototypes- one with the ipad device and the other with the phone device.

Therefore, Figma needs to implement a way that prototypes can seamlessly move between the other, and not be limited to flows within just a page.

We need, multi-flow(exists today), multi-page, multi-device prototyping!

2 Likes

Iā€™m still surprised to see this is not yet implemented. Iā€™m working on a big application that requires some linking across multiple pages. Having all layouts on one page is a complete mess, but might be the only solution for now.
Itā€™d be incredibly helpful, and Iā€™d be very grateful, to have this feature implemented.

Thanks, Figma!

4 Likes

What the heckā€™n flip Figmaā€¦ why isnā€™t this a thing already? Itā€™s quite obviously needed as a core requirement. Please tell us if this is going to happen anytime this year!

6 Likes

Were considering switching to figma from XD because of pagesā€¦ but if we cant link them into 1 prototypeā€¦ this is a deal breakerā€¦

4 Likes

Currently, the prototype displays a checky page saying (Please go to the following link to see the prototype regarding this flow) :sweat_smile: Not idealā€¦

1 Like

Agreed. Iā€™m deciding between XD, Sketch, and Figma for my next project and am searching all of the most important features. I like that Figma has pages (thatā€™s a must), but itā€™s kind of a dead-end compared to Sketch which allows you to interlink those sections. The way I use pages, each page is dedicated to a more complex flow. The primary page could have the main application, but then letā€™s say I had a complex ā€œCreate Postā€ flow, I would create a separate page, and those would need to be interlinked. So far Iā€™m impressed by what Iā€™ve read Figma can do, but this is a definite negative to consider when choosing design software.

3 Likes

Iā€™m a UX/UI designer working on a prototype where each task flow has been split into its own page to make it easy for development and QA to identify, inspect, and validate them as theyā€™re being built.

The problem with this approach is that when it comes to sharing said prototypes out with the larger team or clients, thereā€™s no way for me to link pages to simulate the full function of the app. Instead, I have to effectively rebuild the document by copying every. single. frame in the file to a new page and creating or re-doing interactions between them until the result resembles the final app.

This is incredibly tedious and not a good use of my time. What Iā€™d love is the ability to, for example, create a component for my app navigation, and say that the ā€œcontactā€ tab in the navigation always links to ā€œPage: Contact > Flow: Filling out a contact form.ā€ That way I can maintain a clear labeling/separation of individual task flows but still be able to simulate an entire app by linking across those flows.

4 Likes

Please add this! Iā€™ve been asking since 2018 :sleepy:

6 Likes

Itā€™ll be fantastic if we could open another pageā€™s link or frame, especially when you create a common component in one specific page, and it open a frame (open overlay), then you really want this component works in another page :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

I was really hopeful this last release would finally include this, but it doesnā€™t appear to. Please ass this feature! I have a massive project (150 views - 169 additional pop-overs/slide-ins) and I need this to work as a seamless website experience as much as possible.

1 Like

I think Axure RP does pages really well. They appear as destinations for your interactions everywhere you would expect them - in the dropdown for destinations, when building functions, etc. The application is aware of and shows those pages. I think it would be great of Figma could do something similar.

3 Likes