Comments don't attach to photos as they should!

1. Describe the bug/issue you’re running into?

I am mapping flows in our app with screenshots (photos) and I need to attach a lot of comments to these screenshots, which I should rearrange all the time and the comments should follow, but the comments won’t attach to the screenshots.
In here: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500004290941-Comments-in-FigJam#Add_a_comment I was reading that the comments should normally be attached to an object or a sticker ( I imagine my screenshots are counted as objects?) but I see in the video demonstration that the object should first get a blue outline to look selected, and then the comment should attach to it. But I don’t see any blue outline on the objects I hover over when in comment mode.
As I mentioned before, it’s a vital thing for my work to be able to attach these comments, and I would love at least to have another way to comment if this doesn’t get fixed.

2. Are you able to consistently reproduce it? If so what are the steps?
Sometimes I am in comment mode (I pressed the chat box on the right upper side of the screen) and I hover over some screenshots or objects and I do see the blue outline and the comments get attached. But it’s only sometimes, and rather rare for the screenshots.
The only thing I noticed that works every time is to create groups. To groups the comments attach. But that’s extra work for me, and it charges my file if I have to create a group for every screenshot I add.

So the steps are: press comment box (enter comment mode), hover over a screenshot in order to leave a comment, write the comment in the field that appears, press “Post”. The coment gets posted, but it doesn’t move with the screenshot.

3. Share a screenshot, recording, console log, link to the file, etc.

4. Is the issue only happening in desktop app or a specific browser , or both?
In both browser and desktop app.

5. What OS/version and/or browser/version are you using?
Windows 10, Chrome, Mozilla

Hi @Maria_Carina_Radu,

Thanks for reporting this, I’ve filed a bug with our team so they can investigate this.

Thank you :pray: I’m looking forward to the results :raised_hands: :muscle:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.