Ability to trigger follow-up overlays in prototyping

The problem
When desigining dialogues, I often want to do confirmations that happen when closing the dialogue, like a snack bar sliding up from below confirming an action has taken place.

Current Workaround
Currently this means I would need to create another screen that then triggers the second overlay with a delay.

Proposed Solution
It would be nice if I could trigger a “follow up” overlay with the “close dialoge” prototyping action. So I could say, closing a dialogue would trigger e.g. a snackbar that has a different position than my original dialogue

2 Likes

I like this approach, I think it would be great.

I’m currently in a similar scenario.
The modal window asks the users for some details, then when the users click on “Save” from the modal, the modal should “close overlay” and then the snackbar should appear from the top to confirm the action has been processed by the system.

Currently, I need to create multiple artboards with delayed animations and complex prototype interactions for something that should be very simple.

3 Likes

This would be a good feature, I don’t want to have redundant duplicate artboards to maintain.

3 Likes

An alternative solution would be to have more options when swapping overlays, like the possibility to disable the “add background behind”. With that after a popup overlay I could swap to a snackbar overlay without the background behind and after a delay close that overlay.

1 Like