LAUNCHED: State management for prototypes

+1

Fix this please.

+1, its been a year soon…

+1 - has anyone figured out a work-around for this? I have a selected state on my components, but only one thing in the prototype can be selected at once. I think I have to override it and do it frame by frame, but that’s a much more complicated prototype.

+1
This bug is a very disappointing :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

+1 Frustrating

+1 to this. I’ve tried multiple workarounds and nothing resolves this issue. I finally was forced to detach my interactive components and re-work them into frames and overlays.

Similar issue here. Second time an event happens, it hides/rearranges components in a menu system for no apparent reason, and doesn’t reset

resetting component

+1
Hope fix this bug asap :smiling_face_with_tear:

+1 It’s a shame the simple checkbox “Reset target frame” is not here yet after more than 1.5 years since this long topic has been started.

4 Likes

This needs to be addressed. Should be as simple as how Flinto does it - a tickbox for “Leaving causes reset”

2 Likes

I still have the same problem as described in this thread…………

2 Likes

This is a pretty basic function of prototyping and people have been talking about it here for two years.

5 Likes

Please fix this March 2021- March 2023

1 Like

Hoping this would be resolved by now! Seems like a very fundamental behaviour to be missing!!

1 Like

Adding another comment here in hopes that more replies will lead to action from Figma. Pretty absurd that this hasn’t been addressed yet.

Wondering: can the OP @Emiliano_Cicero convert this topic to something we can vote on? I’m not sure if that functionality exists in these support topics. Worth a try?

1 Like

Hello rockstars. I have the tiniest question.

Context: I have a prototype with lots of frames representing UI states. Figma has made it very easy to wire up the prototype (some testers think it’s the actual app. ha! ). At various stages, I show progress bar components which simply use After Delay → Change To → Use Smart Animation.

The Issue: When a user arrives at a UI state, these Progress Bar animations play perfectly, but only the first time the user arrives at that frame. During their adventure, they may arrive at that same UI state many times, however…the component animation only plays the first time. Sometimes, the “After Delay” appears to begin counting when the prototype is started–not when the frame is loaded.

The Question: Am I totally looking at this wrong? Or is there a simple way to ensure these animated elements play correctly each time the frame is loaded.

Thanks in advance for any hints. :smiley:

+1, Adding another comment here in hopes that more replies will lead to action from Figma. Pretty absurd that this hasn’t been addressed yet.

2 Likes

Would really appreciate a fix for this… i’ve been going insane for the past few hours :upside_down_face:

1 Like

+1. That would super useful Figma. :pray:

1 Like