Expand/Horizontal scroll and sort the layers/libraries panel

+1 / The panel and also the dialog size is way too small. Changing the size would be a key improvement for building and using design systems.

Having the same issue: Truncation in the right panels in Figma

The specific issue that brought me here is that the values of my variant properties are cut off when displayed in a dropdown.
Screen Shot 2022-12-09 at 9.58.47 AM

1 Like

As a developer I would like to be able to make the right sidebar bigger so that I can read the styles of a view without having to hover over it and wait. A lot of time is wasted,

1 Like

The only way I found both in web or the electron app it’s opening the console F12 or option+ command+i, inspect the sidebar and increase the width values manually…

I too have this need

The right hand panel needs ability to resize in order to view full names of text styles, color styles, effect styles, inspect code and flows.

It’s concerning that this request was made in 2021 with many comments and it still has not been addressed by 2023.

1 Like

Like serious, reported in 2021 and still not allowed in 2023? UX design app which is designed as s&^t… When you want show whole style name you must wait eternity until it show in popup instead of one time resize this idiotic panel…

2 Likes

This can’t be rocket science. By making the properties panel more useful (nested component properties, lots of variants to choose from, etc), Figma has made the right side panel completely unusable without a simple resizer.

I get it that it’s nice and tight on a small laptop, but we do most of our professional work on LARGE screens. I use a 33in, a 28in, and a 13in screen, with hard core work on my 33in screen. Tons of pixels that I can’t use to simply resize the right hand sidebar!

Why?! Please explain why this is still an issue?

2 Likes

I would also like to suggest the same with the left sidebar on the hompage. The teams names and favorites are also truncated.

+1 for ability to expand the property panel

I can’t believe this hasn’t been implemented yet.

2 Likes

Hello,

I’m using a layout with multiple layers and want to select the deepest one and hide it or lock it or change the name. The width of the left column does not increase and there is no horizontal scroll bar either.

How do I edit these layers?

3 Likes

@Josh Did the dev team really had no second to work on such a basic QoL improvement in the past 2 years? It’s a software breaking issue. Aren’t Little Big Updates made for that?

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Instance layer names blank and uneditable

Figma interface has two really wide side panels, which is very problematic for smaller screens, like laptops. No working space left and you have to zoom out to be able to see wider layouts.
Figma side panels should be collapsable or adjustable.
Thanks!

Hi @Indre_Mikaviciute ,
This workflow may help you: Page Dividers / Folders / Sub Folders / Group Pages Together - #93 by bear

1 Like

What’s the deal with the bug that’s been around for two years now? It’s ridiculous that despite so many people reporting it, it still hasn’t been fixed.

This is a UX design app, and we can’t even see the layers – why can’t we horizontal scroll or stretch it to see all the layer names?

This isn’t just a feature request, it’s a legitimate bug that’s affecting our productivity and making the app frustrating to use. Please, can you fix it already?

3 Likes

These are top 10 ideas by votes, we can clearly see what interests people the most here

1 Like

This does not solve the problem at all. It’s the same thing as collapsing the hierarchical expand/collapse widget… you’re just hiding the nested objects.

The issue (and it’s a big one), is if one uses dynamic nested layouts with “auto-layout” Frames in order to build dynamic mockups — where you can show/hide elements and the UI adjusts in real-time — the indentation grows deeper and deeper as you build your screens.

As illustrated in numerous screenshots above, you get to a point where you are unable to view the structure and/or names of elements in your project. You cannot drag elements through the hierarchical layers because you do not know what you are selecting and/or where you’re dragging & dropping… it is (literally) unusable when creating dynamic layouts using hierarchical auto-layout frames several layers deep.

PLEASE allow the left frame to scroll horizontally…!!!

Reposting this screenshot:

1 Like

Same issue, content hidden in the layers panel, makes it really hard to work on MacBook only, workaround is to rely on and work with big monitors. I use the layers panel mostly to paste in place using layer panels on artboards I need the same content at the correct frame inside frames.