An invalid image or thumbnail was removed

As per the Figma tips page, we have been using the “images as styles” trick to re-use commonly used images in from our team library. Whenever we try to use some of these styles however, it will be automatically removed and the message “an invalid image or thumbnail was removed” is displayed. We’ve been struggling with understanding why certain image styles are affected. Is there a way to see if an image/thumbnail is invalid and if so, how do we repair them??

10 Likes

I have been having the same issue for multiple days. It makes it impossible to work :angry: as every-time I touch a file it’s destroyed

2 Likes

Same problem here !
And I’ve seen this question under other older posts - YES I am in the same account on every file.

1 Like

Same problem here, it is extremely annoying. I have some images applied as styles in components from the team library and when importing the image disappears… randomly.

Hey All,

Thanks for flagging this! Our team is looking into it. Can you please help us by providing more information about your files? Is the issue happening in-browser as well as the desktop app?

1 Like

Samie issue with me. I’m using the desktop app.

I’m having the same issue. It’s a png file. It happens when pasting between two different Figma files on the Desktop app. The files are both owned by the same team.

1 Like

Having same issue with a jpeg file. The image shows in the browser, but doesn’t in the Desktop app.

Update: Closing the Figma Desktop app and opening it again seems to make the images appear.

1 Like

Same issue here.

I’m also facing the same issue

Hi Dvaliao, already reached out to Figma Support directly but this issue is happening on both the browser and desktop apps for us.

Thanks for the context. I can see that our support team already replied a few hours ago. Rest-assured, this is a known issue that the team is already investigating.

2 Likes

The issue still persists. I have tried copy paste designs with images across different accounts, and saving the designs into Fig files, none of them works !!! This is impossible to work with, as I need to move the designs to another account for testing purpose!.

2 Likes

I am having the same problem.

1 Like

I’m having trouble when I can’t copy an image from another figma file, why is this happening? and this issue occurs or is this indeed a deficiency in one of the plans? please i need an explanation

is this solved? I’m having trouble when I can’t copy an image from another figma file, why is this happening? and this issue occurs or is this indeed a deficiency in one of the plans? please i need an explanation

This issue is still present unfortunately. Support is only able to provide assistance on a case by case basis, which isn’t helpful as this bug pops up very randomly.

Same problem and it’s really annoying i can’t work smoothly, did any one know how to fix this problem?

I found a solution! If the file you want to copy is in account a, first copy the link on the client (desktop), remember to select “anyone who knows the link can edit”, then open the link with account B on the web, and select “duplicate to your drafts”, then the file will be completely copied to account B, and the picture will not be lost!

4 Likes

This works.One more tip. for finishing all the above steps, now you are in account B. you may find that you are a “guest”(you can see a guest tag by your origin team name in account a) in the team of account a. but dont worry, now you can open the file and copy paste all to a new fig created by your own team in account B.

1 Like