Chinese fonts are not supported in FigJam

how many votes you need so your team will fix the problem?

简体设置有解决方案的。在 Design File 中, 用 Text 设置好字体后,再复制到 FigJam File 中去。

4 Likes

Hi everyone,

Thanks for flagging this issue, we hear you. It is important to us that FigJam works in different language sets, and the engineering team is looking into this issue.

For now, nemo has a decent solution that will work: Chinese fonts are not supported in FigJam - #70 by nemo

再次感谢各位给我们提供宝贵的意见,我们的工程团队正在调查并希望能尽早修正字体的问题。

6 Likes

1. Describe the bug/issue you’re running into?
I can’t input Chinese text, because I can’t change the font in FigJam, can you support a Default Simple Chinese font? Or give us a way to change the default font?

2. Are you able to consistently reproduce it? If so what are the steps?
Create a square, and input some Chinese word.

3. Share a screenshot, recording, console log, link to the file, etc.

4. Is the issue only happening in desktop app or a specific browser , or both?
Both.

5. What OS/version and/or browser/version are you using?
Mac OS, Mac version client.

Currently there are some Chinese characters missing, hope to better support Chinese fonts

Hi!
I was typing Chinese(simplified) and there are missing characters. Figma will show a blank space, but if I copy the blank space to Word or other text editor the character appears.

In this picture the missing character is 东

1 Like

Chinese characters are missing in the image while they are displayed as text on the text field on the left.

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 5.19.08 pm

Hi Figma Team,

Traditional Chinese has the same problem. :disappointed_relieved:
As far as we know, if “apple-system-bugfix” is added to the web or desktop app font settings, some Chinese characters may not be displayed correctly.

Currently, the layers on the left side of the Figma app can be displayed normally, but the canvas in the middle cannot display the correct Chinese characters. Below is the screenshot for your reference. (when using Sketch, there is no such problem)

The following are the words that cannot be displayed correctly, maybe the Figma QA team can copy them for testing:

1. 足夠 (means: enough)
  2. 查看 (means: check)
  3. 小妞 (means: little girl)
  4. 踩到 (means: stepped on)

Hope this information is helpful to you.
Thank you ♪

Mac OS Catalina
Figma Desktop App version 97.7

Because of this problem, figjam is extremely difficult to promote in our team. Hope to fix it years ago

1. Describe the problem your experiencing and how your idea helps solve this
    When I am trying to input Chinese characters, figjam failed to display it correctly. I tried it both on website and in the desktop version but failed to solve it. Hope Chinese can be supported later.

2. Add as much context as possible (screenshots, Figma files, mockups, etc.)

3. Ask questions to bring the community into the conversation
    (e.g. Does anyone else experience this? Is anyone using a plugin or workaround to help solve this?, etc.

lots of Chinese glyphs can’t be seen. :face_with_monocle:

好像不能换字体

应该是不能换字体,我要说的是中文有好多没法显示…貌似是我表达错误了

请尽快匹配字体!

In figma ( not figjam ), user need to select certain chinese friendly fonts(eg. source sans han) to support full chinese typeface display. it doesnt works great but the “some chinese does not display” issue can be solved
however, in Figjam, there are no font selector, therefor no way to choose a chinese character friendly font, then it became a major problem.

1 Like

I am using the FigJam, it’s a great tool, but it supports Chinese fonts poorly. When I type in a sentence in Chinese into FigJam, it can only show a few Chinese Characters, the rest is just blank.

This is a screenshot as proof, and this does not occur in Figma.

I think it’s because the font, the default font doesn’t have full Chinese characters, but FigJam doesn’t have the option to change font.

As for solution, I tried the Chinese pack from figma.cool, not working. And I also noticed that in cursor chat, Chinese can display properly.

PLS fix this, thank you!

Here using Traditional Chinese character which is better than what Simplified Chinese encountered as mentioned above. We have found that over 90% characters can be used but only some characters such as 夠 is unable to show either (This is actually a very common character by the way, don’t know if it’s really related to the font type). FYI. Super great app, nice done Figma! Please fix it:)

1. Describe the bug/issue you’re running into?
Can’t show simplified Chinese properly in stick notes

2. Are you able to consistently reproduce it? If so what are the steps?
Consistently

3. Share a screenshot, recording, console log, link to the file, etc.
截屏2021-05-16 下午1.13.39

4. Is the issue only happening in desktop app or a specific browser , or both?
Both

5. What OS/version and/or browser/version are you using?
Mac OS 11.2.1

I type in “喜爱”,text show "喜 ". I can’t use.