Workaround for no border radius as a style

From what I can see, there isn’t a way to set border radius as a style like you can colour, shadow, etc. Wondering if anyone has found a workaround for this?

Am working on a multi-brand design system at the moment and having border radius as a variable / design token that can be applied to different components is a must.

I considered ‘hacking’ it like you would in sketch by setting up a set of shape components using rectangles with small / medium / large border radii variants and then that nesting them to form the base of components like buttons, input fields, etc. This would mean when you change the S/M/L radii it’ll update throughout.

However, that doesn’t seem to work in Figma as the components will need to work with autolayout which, from my understanding, means the border would have to be applied to a frame vs a shape that sits in the background otherwise it won’t dynamically resize etc.

Anyone managed to find a workaround or is it a case of having to manually amend every border radius across all components…? If the latter, I really hope border radius can be included as a style asap!

1 Like

No Design Tokens support yet :frowning: … Vote for the feature Design Token support in Figma - Share Feedback - Figma Support Forum

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.