Windows pinch zoom on figma is too fast (HDPI drivers)

I’ve also been struggling with this issue. Using a Windows 10 on a Thinkpad. The super fast zooming makes it very challenging to navigate.

1 Like

Same problem here. Using a samsung book pro 360, funny enough the touchscreen is no problem, but I use the trackpad a lot and wish this could be fixed. It makes figma so hard to use.

I have the same issue, my email is shaheerahmed576@gmail.com

same issue here! been using a mouse as a temporary fix

Hello can you enable fix for my Figma account by email for testing?
Or make default disabled switch in settings for everyone?

Same here, I’m facing the same issue.

How much time will this take?
Is there anyone watching this issue or even working on it?
It’s so difficult to zoom, makes it impossible to use. Find it surprising that even after 7 months, the issue remains.

Please fix this as soon as possible…

Same problem here… it’s driving me crazy :expressionless:

Same here, in October with the same setup. I reported it as a bug to support.

Does staff even read this topic?

Is it possible to contribute as a community to fix this ******* bug?

1 Like

Just want to add my voice to this - I’m having the same issue. Recently started a new job and having to use a windows laptop with Figma for the first time.

It’s making my whole experience of using Figma extremely painful. Desperately in need of a fix!

Hoping @poiru can help :slightly_smiling_face:

Same here, i’m facing the same issue

Same issue here, how is this not fixed yet?! Makes the software virtually unusable

I worked on making the original Figma mouswheel/zoom handling consistent and feel like macOS, and there are 3 different ways mouswheel data works across the different browsers (but Edge is now just Chrome). I’m also seeing the desktop app zoom be way too fast at the default settings on a Razer Blade laptop.

The zoom needs a fractional multiplier on it since I can adjust the wheel increment much below 3, and shouldn’t have to. The default should be a reasonable zoom. Also may be time to try to get inertia into the zoom. I’m using Figma and Figjam and they both don’t have enough steps to the zoom.

I think the original goal was that the trackpad pinch expanding/contracting should be a 2x increase across the full distance of the trackpad. I go from 2% to 400% barely moving my fingers in the current impelementation.

2 Likes

Just commenting to keep this bumped up. As most others, every time I use my touchpad to zoom, it zooms an insane amount. Would love to have this fixed for the days I’m designing on laptop

1 Like

Can we please fix this?! Figma is so frustrating without a mouse for this reason. :frowning:

Are there any other ways that we can influence this issue to get fixed? just like to know how we can help to get this fixed.

Same here, i’m facing the same issue