Figma Support Forum

Why is my prototype screen frozen?

Hello,

I am new to Figma and trying to create a prototype. My 3rd screen is freezing and I can’t figure out why. Is it because I am trying to do too many overlays? Is there a limit to the amount of overlays on one screen? Please help! Thank you for your time.
Angela

I don’t see any freezes, the only issue is that nothing after this screen is clickable, probably some connection is set up incorrectly.

Please type capital f “F” for the first field and capital p “P” for the second field. The flow is from Frankfurt to Paris. Then, try to select an outbound date. When the calendar opens, the calendar overlay is frozen. Please see if you can help with this. Thank you

It doesn’t have any interactions.

I took them all off because they weren’t working at all. I’m simply frustrated. Now I can’t get them back in. The dates that I would like to have as hover states are frames but I cannot connect the variants because the noodle stops at the calendar frame and won’t go inside. I don’t know what to do now. Thanks for taking a look for me.

You can’t connect them to variants. If you are in the interactive components beta, you need to create connections within variants themselves. If not, you can only use Overlays to create hover states.