Why is font family changing when selecting a group of text?

I was wondering if anyone else has come across a bug where a type style looks one way when first entering a file, but changes appearance (weight/letter spacing/size) once you select it?

I’m running into an issue using Montserrat where the type style changes all of the text to being thinner and tracked out…and it only happens when I select the text.

It’s extremely frustrating and causing inconsistencies in my designs.

Thank you!!

2 Likes

This is also happening to me currently.

1 Like

Hi Jennifer!

I found a solution, but it took some trial and error before I finally got rid of the issue.

1. Download the latest version of Montserrat from Google Fonts locally to your computer

2. Make sure that your design files all have the same version of Montserrat

3. Any place that you notice the glitch, change the text to a different font and change it back to Montserrat. When you change it back to Montserrat, it should have the correct version and shouldn’t change appearance anymore.

I believe my issues came from conflicting versions of the font family, and once I did #3 it seemed to fix any place there was an issue. I haven’t had the problem since.

I hope this helps!

P.S You can check the version of your font in the Shared Fonts section of your organization admin settings.