When design, wireframe first or no wireframe?

I am a new learner of UI/UX design. have a question about the wireframe.

Should I do wireframe first and then add styles (likes colors, effects etc.) or will it be better that directly design all the thing together? like to hear some suggestions.

Hi, try to consider wireframes as questions. That’s the part of the process in which you validate some assumptions, create different possible approaches to the problem to discuss with your users and team, start to visualise structure and identify usability issues.
Wireframes usually follow some kind of goal definitions, user research, information architecture, content mapping. The goal of wireframing is to start to visualise how your interface is going to be used. Wireframes are easy to change, quick to test different approaches and do not focus on aesthetics, so the test users and your team can focus on what is important before getting to details.

3 Likes

Thank you Harun. Very helpful answer!

Hi @Arlene,

I’ve been struggling with this question for a long time and I realized that building out wireframes first is a great idea since it helps you to keep your and your clients focus on the user experience, but later on you have to do a double work when building out the production mockups.

To solve this issue and cut down the time of creating production mockups from scratch I created a wireframing kit that is built out as a design system. Once you are finished with your wireframes you are able to easily turn them into production mockups by duplicating your project (to keep your initial wireframes) and customizing the components to match your UI theme.

Hi, Tibor

Thanks for the recommendation! Duplicate already.

1 Like

Getting started with wireframes
First things first. A wireframe is a low-fidelity design layout that serves three simple but exact purposes: It presents the information that will be displayed on the page. It gives an outline of structure and layout of the page

Regards:UI UX Design Course in Nagpur

It is really important to create wireframes before developing anything, I am a data analyst, but if I have to develop any dashboard, First I create mock dashboard wireframes using Mokkup.ai.

It helps me to get my stakeholders and team on the same page