Wacom tablet not working properly with Figma

I haven’t been able to use my Wacom tablet with Figma at all, because the Pan/Zoom option seems to not work correctly. Here’s a video of the behavior of this function in Figma, versus the expected behavior shown in Adobe Photoshop:

It doesn’t allow me to pan vertically, and both the horizontal panning and the zooming are way too sensitive despite being set to the lowest possibly value. What surprises me the most is that there are a couple of similar messages in the forum asking about the same bug, but none of them received any answers.

6 Likes

Figma is not optimised for Wacom or any drawing, unfortunately. I would suggest to just import final assets.

1 Like

But I don’t intend to use Figma for drawing. I just use a tablet instead of a mouse to navigate because it is more comfortable and ergonomic, as many designers do. I only want the basic functions I showed in the video (zooming, panning…) to work properly, as they do in many other programs which aren’t even built for designers. And I imagine they do work properly for other people on Figma, because I’ve read people trying to troubleshoot this saying they don’t have this issue on Mac.

Also, this exact same problem affects FigJam as well, which is a program that should work great for drawing and writing with a tablet.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, I am also unable to use my Wacom tablet, but I am unable to interact with anything in the frame at all. Can click just fine in the menus with the tablet, but as soon as it enters drawable space, no events are registered. I do need to draw, I need to draw many boxes, which is easier for me using a pen.

This is a very strange problem to have for an app designed for designers. It seems to be missing the target audience.

I use wacom on Figma on MacOS and work perfectly fine, I have problems with windows.

Try unchecking Windows Ink on Mapping preferences of your Wacom settings, if you are using windows.

1 Like

same issues with figma on navigating file view with fimga, just stops working.

Any other feed that can help with this? I am a mac user, wacom med size all drivers up to date

Hi there! The same problem… I have Wacom and MacOS, and navigation is a big pain in the Figma

1 Like

Same here! The zoom in/out (with cmd) just stop working. All updated. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well this is something. A design program that doesn’t support design hardware. Unbelievable. BIG THUMBS DOWN FIGMA.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue with my Intuos Touch. Two-finger scrolling and panning go highwire every time I try to use it in Figma. Sometimes it works properly but then all of a sudden the screen just pans by itself.
Zooming with Ctrl+Two Finger up/down works OK but the rest is terrible. Any chance this could get fixed?
I’m using Figma in Chrome on Windows 11, if this info helps.

Hey all, sorry for the trouble!

Since Figma isn’t fully supported on tablets yet, issues and consistencies are to be expected. Feel free to add your feedback for the team and vote for tablet compatibility here: Let us design on tablets/mobile (Fully featured Figma for iOS and Android)