Variant and nested component instance error

Hey, I’m building a simple iOS navigation bar and I wanted to use as little variants as possible. It’s a simple component with placeholder icons both left and right, a right side badging icon and a centre instance for single line text, double line text and possible logos.

When I test my variants, they work until I swap the logo to double line text, and switch the badge icon on and off it swaps the double line instance back to logo instance and I can’t understand why.

All my instances are the same dimensions as the ones they are replacing. Is it because one instance is 2 x text objects and one is a vector object?

Hey Anthony,

Would you mind sharing the file? I tried to reproduce the error, but it works for me.

There might be also another solution for your menu. You could use the new component properties feature, so you don’t need to set up all the different variants. You can use the instance swap property for the logos and the boolean properties to turn your Icons on and off. The Icons could be set up as variants.

Here is a quick video.

Have great day