Figma Support Forum

Unable to add members to my education team

I’ve waited for more than one hour but I keep receiving the following message when I try to invite my students to my education team: “You’ve made too many recent attempts. Please try again later.”
I wasn’t able to add any student :frowning:

Do you know if there is a longer cool time for add students?

But have your students verify their Education status beforehand ?

@Carlos_Santos We are aware of this limit, and how it specifically affects Educators / education accounts and looking to modify those set limits. Right now the wait time is about a day. Let me know if I can help in any other way!

1 Like

@Carlos_Santos starting today we increased the limit of invites for education accounts. Feel free to reach out if you have any additional issues with invites or any other questions in general. Thanks for chiming in!

2 Likes

@Carlos_Santos one thing that I would like to add to this thread. If you set up an education team, and invite students to the team, and create a document in that space, you will not hit a limit. Right now the limits are set on loose files in the drafts. This is a spam reduction measure.

Make sure you apply for an education account at https://figma.com/education and have your students do the same. This will give you the ability to work with them on a team the same way professional teams work.

Happy to help out if you have any questions getting that set up.

1 Like

Thank you for all the help.
I was able to invite all students, but it’s a really poor experience. I will try to explain it.
First time I just created the team and add about 12 students invites. The interface allows to add this number of students but I think the backend has a limit of 10 invites in a time frame. With this I was locked to invite anyone for a long time.
Second try I invite one by one and it worked ok for 10 or 11 students. After that I was locked by too much invites. I needed to wait another day to be able to invite the rest of the students.

Thank you @miggi
Next time will be much easier :slight_smile:

1 Like