True Aspect Ratio Lock

Just got Figma after reading of the death of XD. This is such an incredibly basic feature that I’m now questioning if Figma can really be that good. It’s like buying a new pair of shoes and discovering they didn’t come with shoelaces and you find a 3 year old thread where people are telling you you have to staple your shoes together cause shoelaces just aren’t a thing???

5 Likes

Does anyone know if other similar tools are able to do this properly?

Great concept! Is the icon below the lock for rounding to full pixels?

Is the icon below the lock for rounding to full pixels?

Exactly – was just a quick shot to illustrate the functionality.

1 Like

This deserves a medal :medal_sports:

3 Likes

I’m 99% certain Figma is not implementing this now just to spite someone.

8 Likes

I have been asking for this four years. I continue to be dumbfounded that community doesn’t have its pitchforks and torches out rioting for this to be implemented. It’s just such a rudimentary and basic element of web design, I can’t understand how this hasn’t been prioritized.

9 Likes

I really like how Webflow solved this:

webflow_aspect-ratio_2

3 Likes

+1 This is needed so bad.

3 Likes

This feature would’ve been far more useful for more people than Modes.

3 Likes

+1 need this

+1 this is really needed

+1 Still waiting for this feature 3 years later

1 Like

The year is 2049. Figma’s built in AI designs entire worlds near instantly. True Aspect Ratio Lock is still on the calendar as TBD.

8 Likes

Mindblowing we are still waiting for this. I find the need of this feature again and again and again. It is funny I can create such a complex design but not locking an aspect ratio in an image. Seriously, it is completely absurd.

1 Like

What are the odds we will see this fixed at Config? It would be great if Figma fixed this very basic feature before adding advanced features like “code connect” etc

4 Likes

:100::100::100::100::100::100::100::100: absolutely agree

1 Like

Please check this plugin.

+1 This is such an essential feature. I would have needed this so many times already. Please implement it :pray:

1 Like

I have been requesting this feature for 3+ years now. Adding a comment to support this thread and hopefully get some more exposure

4 Likes