Temporarily hiding selection outlines

Let’s revive this suggested small but impactful improvement.
This seems to me as well like a low hanging fruit and deserves way more upvotes than merely 28.

1 Like

+10000 on this!
coming from adobe products recently, it feels like very basic features to improve production flow are not yet added.
this is for sure one of them.

Please Figma. Please!

This allows for so much better screen-recording and editing… as it looks natural.

This is an absolute must. It’s a small thing but it’s very beneficial.

In Illustrator removing the bounding box and hiding outlines are even two separate toggles and it’s super handy. Just to name a couple of cases, it helps with setting type and balancing compositions. But most of all, it’s a huge help and time-saver when making changes to an element and comparing them to the previous step/s by going back and forth with Undo & Redo!

When the time comes for this feature, I think it should be a toggle and if possible - two separate ones (bounding box and outlines). Holding a key down could also be an option to hide both things if it’s Ctrl/Cmd. That’s the one you need to hold when performing Undo & Redo. Simply holding it down by going back and forth between previous steps and the current state would do the trick.

I suppose the low count of the vote so far is due to the possibility that a lot of people might not know this is an option in other software. However, by implementing it, Figma can help popularize this via all the tutorial videos and update posts that would be created after the update.

2 Likes

Well, one good thing (hopefully) with Adobe acquiring Figma might be this tiny but powerful feature, since the idea originally comes from Adobe tools.

1 Like

+1 for this feature as well. It’s a feature I have used frequently with Adobe products for years.

1 Like

Please, this.

1 Like

Make sure you vote for the feature everyone (this one or any other one asking for the same thing)

Figma, c’mon, this is such an easy implement and this thread has been up for almost 2 years

1 Like

+1 for this feature! Would really help with my workflow.

+1 too! Such a small but great improvement.

+100 for this feature - it’s a huge oversight not to have it.

+1 ~ would be a great feature

+1 as well, this is a must have

Must have.

+1 Must have, can’t see what I’m doing otherwise.

Is there any solution yet ?

+1 Very useful feature, really hoping this makes it in!

I’m not getting the paid version until they implement this

I have used this in Photoshop nearly every day for about 30 years, so I think I can say with some authority that this is a very useful feature. Every day when I use Figma it annoys me and slows down my design work.

I understand that this can accidentally get new users into a confusing mode/state where you don’t know something is selected. But Figma is professional software and it should have critical features like this. The usefulness way outweighs the potential issues. (And you could alleviate this issue by, for example, with a modal that tells the users what is happening the first time they use this. And using a keyboard combo, not just single key, so it’s less likely to be pressed accidentally.)

1 Like