Sync plug-ins across accounts?

Hi there,

I followed the guidance on this thread (now closed) however it doesn’t work.

TLDR, I added a “profile connection” between my corporate and personal accounts, but the plugin inside my personal account is not available in my corporate account. Since I pay out of pocket for the plugins I want, I don’t want these to disappear if I change jobs.

Please advise!
Thanks!

Sean

Hello @Sean22, Thank you for reaching out! I understand how important it is for you to access the plugin in your corporate account. Also, thank you for checking the related post and help center article.

If you are unable to access the plugin after adding profile connection, there is a possibility that only approved plugins can be installed and used within your Organization Space.

If your company is on the Organization and Enterprise plans, organization admins have the ability to restrict access to plugins by requiring approval before they can be used.
In this case, you may need to reach out to your organization admins and request them to approve those Plugins for use.
For more details on this process, you can refer to: Manage plugins in an Organization

Hope it helps! If other community members have experienced something similar and have insights or workarounds, please feel free to share.

Thanks,