Support for Touch Interfaces

+1 for Apple Pencil support

2 Likes

Big +1 for this. A native iPad port with Pencil support would be much appreciated.

2 Likes

It will be so cool to draw and review designs with Ipad and Apple pencil. So many useful use cases for this! Waiting so much for Ipad + Pencil support!

This isnā€™t perfect by any means, but what seems to work as a stop-gap is Luna Display + iPad + Mac machine and Luna Display has robust Apple Pencil support.

edit: even better, works flawlessly if you have Apple Sidecar + Mac + iPad Pro + Apple Pencil. Again, not perfect but it is an option.

I didnā€™t know about InVision Freehand but now Iā€™m a customer until I see support here for Pencil/iPad/Touch

Will be great to implement Apple Pencil support with PencilKit to make the ability to control size, angle, etc.

Yep, just passed on using this tool because no iPad/touch support. Itā€™s a shame, because figjam is better than most tools Iā€™ve tried for online sync and general UI. But nobody wants to whiteboard with a mouse.

2 Likes

As a FigJam Beta user IĀ“d love to use an iPad + Pencil so that I can easily create wireframes, brainstorm and collaborate with my team mates.

Bummedā€¦ this was my main use case for requesting an iPad Pro from work. As far as features go, itā€™s a no-brainer.

1 Like

This would be a great tool for us, needless to say +1 here :+1:

1 Like

I really need this feature, so this app can be more competitive with InVision Freehand, which has an iPadOS app that enables pencil support. Please add ASAP! :hugs:

1 Like

My org is currently using Miro but weā€™ve been trying out Figjam and we love it. However, for any projects that require tablet drawing, the experience is like night and day. Figjam needs Apple Pencil / iPad support, meanwhile Iā€™m back to using Miro for this single project :frowning_face:

2 Likes

100% need this. FigJam is way better than invision freehand and this would make it perfect

1 Like

As a product manager, I mostly use whiteboard tools to help digitally capture notes, sketches, and brainstorms that would normally end up on multiple sheets of paper scattered across my desk. Itā€™s great both for keeping things organized and discoverable and de-cluttering my workspace. Iā€™ve been really happy using Miro on my iPad + Apple pencil for this (really easy to use for notetaking during meetings or working on while having other things up on my desktop monitor). My org wants to make the switch over to FigJam but not having this supported makes the switch particularly hard for me.

1 Like

Hi Figma Team!

When do you plan to support Ipad + apple pencil? Its very important for me :frowning:

1 Like

What a HUGE LOL! Still no support for iPad and Pencilā€¦ I have no idea how you guys are spending your latest $50M seed round moneyā€¦ Literally a shame.

2 Likes

For what is worth, FigJam does work fairly well with Microsoft Surface devices and pen support. However, there is no control to ā€˜undoā€™ or erase something, youā€™ll need to rely on your keyboard to hit Ctrl+z to undo your last step.

Pencil support (albeit rudimentary) in Miro is the only reason I havenā€™t transferred all my work to Figma / FigJam. Being able to do everything (exploratory to pixel perfect) in one platform is a dream.

YES! I would love to be able to use my Surface Pen more readily with FigJam. MS is still floundering a bit with a good whiteboard for collaborating online, and my team is using Figma more and more. This would be a great feature!

In particular Iā€™d like to see the surface pen eraser be able to function as an eraser, and if the surface pen button would pull up the context menu in Figma/FigJam.

I fully agree. Iā€™m using Miro right now as it supports Apple Pencil (double tap to change to eraser). I need the exact same support in FigJam otherwise the tool is not made for my use case (sketching in figjam).