Support for Surface Pen - eraser

1. Describe the bug/issue you’re running into?
    If I’m going to use this for whiteboarding, I need to be able to draw AND erase.

I use a Surface Pro specifically so I can hand sketch designs and then transition them to Figma. With OneNote, I can draw with a range of pens, highlighters and pencils, and then use the back end of the pen to erase. It’s intuitive and very fast.

However, FigJam would be better for productivity, if it fully worked with Surface Pens.

When I use the FigJam pen tool with a Surface Pen, I can draw.
However, I can’t erase with the eraser on the back of any Surface Pen, which is frustrating and VERY slow. I don’t want to move my hands off the pen to the keyboard just to undo when I have an eraser on the back of my pen.

1. Are you able to consistently reproduce it? If so what are the steps?
    YES

2. Use a Surface Pro or any Surface-compatible device with a Surface Pen (with eraser).

3. Select pen tool and draw

4. Flip pen over to try to erase with the eraser. Not only doesn’t it work, but the eraser draws even more ink on the page, messing it up.

5. Share a screenshot, recording, console log, link to the file, etc.
    n/a

6. Is the issue only happening in desktop app or a specific browser , or both?
    Both

7. What OS/version and/or browser/version are you using?
    Windows 10, Surface Pro 6, Chrome browser or Figma desktop app

1 Like

Hey @Bill_Stewart_S for touch device support please see this topic here:

You can add your vote and any additional feedback in that thread. :slight_smile:

For eraser support you can do the same here:

1 Like