<span> capabilities for designing rich text

It would be awesome to have some in-line component capabilities like the HTML tag to mark up a part of a text/document. Like currently if you want to create a tag style to add to a block of text you need to use a workaround like the absolute position – which is not great because it doesn’t flow with the parent component changes.

CleanShot 2023-04-26 at 16.51.16@2x

Thoughts?

2 Likes

hell yeah Felipe :fire: I would love to have this + setting interactive states. That would make designing and prototyping inline hyperlinks way more realistic

1 Like

This sounds so basic that I thought there’s no chance that it doesn’t already exist in Figma. Then I found your post.

1 Like

And then you’ll find out that Figma often ignores feature requests like this for years – even if it reaches hundreds of votes.

It’d be kind of janky, but you could use the new auto layout wrapping capabilities to fake a span!

2 Likes

I actually made this work. Now they’re never gonna implement capabilities :joy:

1 Like

Downside of using auto layout wrapping is that you need to split sentences into words, meaning that each word needs to be its own object. You might be able to merge some short words and get away with it

1 Like

How did you manage to make it work? Could you share the process?

I hope this helps

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.