Sound Notification For Collaborators in Your File

I meant to post this earlier today, but forgot until just now. Hope it’s not too late.

1. Describe the problem your experiencing and how your idea helps solve this
When working on a file, I often don’t know when others are in the file unless I happen to glance in the upper right or until I see their cursor float past.

To make it more obvious when you have a collaborator in your file, play a sound. Like a doorbell, basically.

2. Add as much context as possible (screenshots, Figma files, mockups, etc.)
In addition, I’d like to know exactly when a specific person joins a file. So a fellow editor might be a light “ding” sound and my boss would be an “red alert” sound. I would assign these sounds in the share panel.

Alternatively, I’d like to assign a sound to myself as a default. So when I join a file, it could play an uploaded sound bite like “Let’s get ready to rumble!” or “Get Ready Player Two!”

To make this accessible for folks with no sound, a quick toast message would also suffice.

**3. Ask questions to bring the community into the conversation **
(e.g. Does anyone else experience this? Is anyone using a plugin or workaround to help solve this?, etc.

If you had a pet, wouldn’t it be cool to record them barking or purring, and have that sound play when you join someone else’s file? Your fellow designer will be like, “Oh, hey! I know who’s in my file. I know that dog bark!”

1 Like

This is also what I was looking for in terms of the klingelton that came on my device.

1 Like

Yes! I want this. Too many time’s I’m so focused that I never see someone joins/leaves. Would be great to have some sort of alert system. That way there’s less sneaking on going around in the files.