Figma Support Forum

Show which account you are in when in the file editing interface

Hi!

This is in regards to the recent account switching feature. I’m not sure if you are aware, but when you are in the file-editing interface, there is no indication of which account you are in without leaving the experience.

When I mouse over the avatar to the left of the file name, or over the user avatar in the upper right, it only reveals your name, which I’m guessing for most people is the same for every account they are in.

Disastrous use case:

I have two accounts: private and a corporate. When I’m in my private account, I see recents for my corporate account. (Intentional?) When I click on one of those files, it opens it and apparently switches accounts (since I can now can edit it), but unless I back out to home, I have no indication of which account I’m in. Mousing over either the icon to the left of the file name or the user token in the upper right reveals only my name. Surprise: my name is the same for every account.

A screenshot or two would be nice to understand which menu and avatar you are talking about specifically. This one?