Select same layer in multiple variants

Hi,

I’m working on a component with 6 properties and 4 states. This entails a lot of variants, so I am wondering - is there a way to quickly select the same layers in each variant to apply changes in bulk? E.g. select the background layer of each of say 120 variants with a command, rather than going through 120 variants, unfurling each one until I get to the background element, and individually applying an opacity change?

You can select the component frame with all the variants and navigate through the nested layers until you get to the background layer by clicking “enter/return” (this works assuming all variants have the same layer structure).

It might also help to use one of the select all shortcuts to quickly change a bunch of variants:

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip, moving up/down with enter/shift+enter makes this a lot easier.
An alternative I found was plugins like similayer or A-selector, which also do what I wanted with even more control.

Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.