1. Describe the problem your experiencing and how your idea helps solve this
As a designer I want to see how other designers are using components and tokens in their designs so that I can maintain consistency with others in what I am designing.
2. Add as much context as possible (screenshots, Figma files, mockups, etc.)
It’s difficult in a large company to know what every department is working on much less how they are using specific components whether as is or customized.
- I’m creating a custom card stack that uses our components/tokens, but I want to make sure someone else wasn’t trying to solve similar use case that I could borrow from, so I do a visual search for artboards using the shadow or corner radius token, or maybe even the card component itself.
- I’m considering using a color for something, but I want to know where else that color is being used to inform my decision, so I do a visual search for color token.
3. Ask questions to bring the community into the conversation
- Has anyone else run into this and have a solution they’ve used? Do you have other ideas or examples of how you would use a feature like this?