See how other designers are using components and tokens

1. Describe the problem your experiencing and how your idea helps solve this

As a designer I want to see how other designers are using components and tokens in their designs so that I can maintain consistency with others in what I am designing.

2. Add as much context as possible (screenshots, Figma files, mockups, etc.)

It’s difficult in a large company to know what every department is working on much less how they are using specific components whether as is or customized.

Examples:

• I’m creating a custom card stack that uses our components/tokens, but I want to make sure someone else wasn’t trying to solve similar use case that I could borrow from, so I do a visual search for artboards using the shadow or corner radius token, or maybe even the card component itself.
  • I’m considering using a color for something, but I want to know where else that color is being used to inform my decision, so I do a visual search for color token.

3. Ask questions to bring the community into the conversation

• Has anyone else run into this and have a solution they’ve used? Do you have other ideas or examples of how you would use a feature like this?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.