[Request: Prototyping] Ability to combine On Click with After Delay

1. Describe the problem your experiencing and how your idea helps solve this

An interaction I need to implement frequently is to open an overlay by clicking a button on one frame, then click another button in the overlay to close the modal. Once the modal is closed, swap the original (parent) frame for another frame, like a loading state or updated content.

I have not found an elegant way to accomplish this. Ideally, I would be able to combine an On Click interaction (to close the overlay) with an After Delay interaction (to navigate to a new frame after a few ms). This would enable all kinds of new interactivity, and enable designers to more accurately simulate real-life user flows and interactions.

2. Add as much context as possible (screenshots, Figma files, mockups, etc.)

Let’s say I’m making a simple booking flow. A user can select a time, then select a provider in an overlay. When I click “add to cart” I expect to first close the modal, then automatically navigate to the third frame. This same interaction applies across all kinds of use cases.

3. Ask questions to bring the community into the conversation

What are some other use cases for this kind of interaction?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.