Remove all interactions works incorrectly

1. Selecting a specific screen while in prototype mode > right click > remove all interactions
  2. I was surprised (and horrified) that this deleted my entire prototype
  3. I would expect this to remove interactions connected to this specific screen.
  4. I would expect there to be a “delete all interaction in this prototype” within the prototype panel

I get this now but has anyone accidentally lost a prototype this way?

1 Like

Yes. Just happened to me. Thought I was deleting the selected interaction. Lost the lot and restore version doesn’t bring it back. No idea how much work this is going to take to link everything up again. Very angry.

5 Likes

You might not have had the frame selected.

When a frame is selected it just says “Remove Interactions”

1 Like

This just happened to me too…cmd + z doesn’t undo. So frustrating. Had the frame selected, but instead of using the main context menu i right clicked on the ‘Flow 1’ tag > remove all interactions. Infuriating. Please improve this feature to make it less vague and work more like we all obviously expected it to…

2 Likes

Used “Remove all interactions”. All of the connections in my mockup were wiped out. Can’t Undo. Can’t get them back from version history. I need to hook these up again.

This has caused me permanent data loss and I need to reconstruct my interactions now. Feature seems broken.

1 Like

Same. Terrible UX. Just lost 100+ screens worth of connections, all using a variety of dissolves, timings and animation types. Inexcusable design choice.

1 Like

Hi @Patrick_Swinnea, it’s unfortunate that this happened, but you can return all connections by pressing ⌘ Cmd or Ctrl+Z.

1 Like

Nope, Undo did not work here.

Undo should work. If it doesn’t, then it looks like a bug that should be reported to the support team.

You can also try Restore from History version.

Thank you. Version history is an OK option, as long as the user doesn’t mind losing up to a half hour of work. I’ll report the Undo as a bug, but will argue that any overly destructive user action needs a confirmation box. A simple, “Are you sure you want to remove all connections from this document?” pop-up is the correct fix here.

2 Likes

This just happened to me, I wanted to see what this feature does. All my prototypes, all connections, all timings are lost.
No problem I thought, just hit Undo… Doesn’t work. Connections are still gone. 10 different Flows, with loads of complex connections are gone.
Version History - also did not help - I recovered an earlier Version, before I removed all the interactions and was surprised, sad and kind of paralysed to find that all the prototyping work was still not there. Please help with that Figma Team… this is really frustrating

1 Like

Hello Figma, I thank you for your beautiful app. This terrible issue, however, just made me lose a day of work. Please ask for confirmation before destroying hundreds of interactions. Thank you.

1 Like

Aaarrggghh! Wish I had known about this problem beforehand. Just lost hundreds of interactions for about 20 screens and have no idea exactly what/how it happened. I didn’t intentionally/knowingly choose the option to delete interactions so I’m not even sure how I did it, and didn’t notice for probably 10-15 minutes that it had occurred. This is such a destructive action that there really should be some sort of check before doing it. So frustrating to lose all that work and spend time re-creating it all.

HI, you can easily restore the version before you removed changes by going to files->History the right click on your last changes and revert no need to Panick. Had the same issue now i reverted and everything is fine

You can copy your changed and paste them on another file then revert and paste them back on reverted file

Hi @Thendo_Makherana you mentioned this twice but it does not work, my interactions are still gone, 120+ pages worth of prototypes of my teams final iteration, gone.

that’s referring to version history and ctrl z, please if there’s a way to restore, kindly tell, thank you :pray:

Already been in a situation several times when instead of removing all interactions from one frame I accidentally removed all interactions on my whole page because that exact frame wasn’t chosen. I noticed that after hour of work when I had to go back to the prototype – but it’s gone! No Cmd+Z will help anymore – the only way is to restore a version and say goodbye to the last hour of work.

During the work process, especially when you work fast that’s quite easy to make a misclick and unselect the frame. But the cost of mistake is just too big. The difference in wording (“Remove interactions” vs. “Remove all interactions”) doesn’t do much – that “all” can as well mean “all in in this frame” plus you don’t really notice the difference while working.

Please make some kind of a confirmation “Do you want to remove all interactions in your prototype”? Or place this action in the right panel, not in the right-click menu. Whatever makes it a bit more difficult to achieve it will help. Thanks.

5 Likes

hi feel free to send me a meeting invite on thendomakherana@gmail.com so i can show you. You have to be able to recover

I can understand why you would be surprised and frustrated by this experience. It’s never a good feeling to accidentally delete something that you’ve been working on.

While I’m not aware of any specific instances of someone accidentally deleting their entire prototype in the way you described, it’s certainly possible that others have encountered similar issues.

It sounds like you have some good ideas for how the interface could be improved to avoid this kind of accidental deletion in the future, such as having a “delete all interactions in this prototype” option within the prototype panel. I would encourage you to share your feedback with the software’s support team or community forum, as they may be able to incorporate your suggestions into future updates.

In the meantime, it’s always a good idea to make regular backups of your work to prevent any data loss in case of accidents or technical issues.