Reduce RAM usage

1. Describe the problem your experiencing and how your idea helps solve this

Problem: Figma uses too much RAM. Launch Activity Monitor and you notice Figma is the top app in Memory usage.

1. Add as much context as possible (screenshots, Figma files, mockups, etc.)

There’s already plenty of threads about opening Figma and already using all the available RAM. Do a search in the forums and there’s a lot of comments about it using too much RAM and making the computer slow down. Even closing down files doesn’t seem to do much for reduce RAM usage.

1. Ask questions to bring the community into the conversation
    (e.g. Does anyone else experience this? Is anyone using a plugin or workaround to help solve this?, etc.

Some common tips are: Remove hidden layers, clean up the file, remove unnecessary stuff, make everything a component, reduce image resolution, etc.
But, still after doing all of that, Figma just uses too much RAM.

Same here. I hate having my memory pressure constantly yellow - only because of Figma. 10GB of ram having 3/4 files opened. That’s kinda crazy. I love Figma, but that’s way too much RAM usage.

2 Likes

Yes! In the beginning Figma was lean, and a very nice alternative to Sketch, but it has become very bloated and slow.
I have an external GPU with 8GB of RAM which helps, but it doesn’t matter if I reduce the file size, Figma still takes a lot of RAM, and have to constantly close files because of this.

1 Like

Bug still present.

… bug still

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.