Recap of the override bug that occurred on 01/20

So relieved to hear that this was also “rough for you.”

2 Likes

Do you fix this bug? Can we publish component library? and when?

Hey @Jonathan_C yup you should be good to go. If the recovery steps above don’t work please reach out to support via the contact form linked above.

Thanks so much for the detailed overview and the fix! Working fine on my end now. :smiley:

2 Likes

Great that you are hands on and act quickly. The takeaway from this though is that you need more testing before launching new updates. In the past few days I have 3 bugs that disrupts my work:

• The override bug
  • Comments not showing / taking you to the wrong page
  • Updating master component do not update instances in other files

Also showing the new comment bubbles by default has so many usability issues and inconsistencies. This should have been better tested on users before launching.

So please, in the future, have more robust tesing before publishing new features so it do not disrupt our work.

5 Likes

Has the bug ever been fixed? Can we get any update? It’s been almost a month, and I’m still dealing with the consequences of this bug in my project with 30+ files.

Very constructive sarcasm

1 Like

Having quite a few override errors currently. It’s becoming increasingly irritating as these are large files I am working with so they take a long time to remedy and the above ‘fixes’ aren’t doing the job, unfortunately. Has there been an update here?

1 Like

I have been dealing with this bug for a couple weeks now. Figma support fixed it at one point, but it’s happening again with a different component.

Are there any updates on this?

1 Like

I’m also having this bug, specifically for boolean and instance swap overrides that are being reset with every new update. It seems to affect only nested components inside larger components.

I do not see the option to “fix instance overrides” in the quick actions menu anymore to see if it fixes it

1 Like

This is still happening across our teams :confused: The “Fix instance overrides” command is also not surfacing in the quick actions menu.

3 Likes

“Fix instance overrides” is not displayed in the Quick Actions menu and the error persists :expressionless:

3 Likes

exact same is happening to me :dotted_line_face:

2 Likes

This bug is still there and extremely difficult to deal with, especially for complex libraries. “Fix instance overrides” doesn’t exist in Quick actions. Every time I push any kind of changes to the library and accept it, all components looses their overrides, and I have to edit them all one by one. And Figma team… Your sarcasm is not helping at all.

Hi All,

This specific bug was fixed on January 21, 2022 when the topic was posted.

If you’re having recent issues with variant overrides being lost after a library update, please submit a bug report to our support team directly via the form here: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001744374

Hi @dvaliao,
I am still having this issue and reported to support team recently. They also have confirmed that this bug is still there, and there is no ETA for any kind of solution. So, this bug is NOT fixed.

Personally speaking, I am loosing at least 3 hours after every update of the library, to be able to fix all overrides backwards. As you can imagine, this is super frustrating and exhausting.

Looking forward to hearing from Figma team for a real solution.

Hi,
Same here, this bug is an issue for my team as well. Everyone is spending 2+ hours just trying to revert the overrides or not even trusting to update the components. The “fix instance overrides” is not available in my quick actions menu and really hope there is a solution for this.

2 Likes

Sorry for the confusion & oversight, @Enes_K @nijnooy!

As Jessica mentioned, the fixes we described above handle the vast majority of cases, but there are still a couple of perfect storms that can occur with the right timing of various actions like publish, update, override, reload, nest, swap, publish again, override again, restore version, etc.

The forums are primarily run by the community, and our support team is working on more sophisticated tooling to help remediate any edge cases not addressed by this general fix from January. For recent issues, please continue to work with Figma Support directly.

Affected by this issue as well.

1 Like

This is just happening to me too today. And, like others have mentioned, “Fix instance overrides” is not showing up on Quick Actions.