RE: Updates to Starter Plan for April 2021 – how many no. of teams can a user be part of?

Hello! I wanted to ask something regarding the updates to plans, would that mean that moving forward, people can only be part of ONE team? :open_mouth: or, you can be part of multiple teams, but if the team is in starter plan, then it would be subjected to the rules stated by Figma in the recent blog post? :thinking:

You can be a member of 100 teams at most. The limit here is not changing, you can still collaborate with different people using different teams.

1 Like

Oh okay! Got it. I was talking to some designer friends and we were worried if the number of teams one could be part of would change :sweat_smile: Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hello, I would like to ask a clarifying question - If I could be a member of up to 100 teams does it mean that I could edit the files in them if I have permission?
The limitation of the Starter plan for 1 project and 3 files is when I`m creating a team is this correct?

If I understand your question correctly, yes, you can be a member of multiple teams and edit files in them if you have permissions. The limit of 1 project and 3 files is only applicable per team, so it doesn’t affect any other teams you are in. E.g. if you have 3 files in one team, it doesn’t matter you won’t be able to add files to another team which didn’t hit the limit yet.

Thank you very much for your quick response!
How many teams can be created from a person within the Starters plan? Or she need to consider the fact of the file limit only and keep the files up to 3 in total for all teams she are creating?

As far as I know, you can create up to 100 teams (the limit is how many teams you are a part of, not how many you create). But unless you are really collaborating with 100 different teams, there is no point in doing that. You can store the unlimited amount of files in your Drafts even on Starter plan (the limit of three files per team is only applicable to teams).