Figma Support Forum

Prototypes Lagging Very Badly

Recently my project prototypes have started to lag incredibly and become unusable for presentations. The latest change I can think of is updating my table components into variants.

Granted I have very big projects, but they ran well previously and now even just trying to open an overlay on the very starting screen is impossible. This only started recently, within this week.

I cannot share any videos of this now due to confidentiality. If necessary I would need to blank out some elements. I was wondering if anyone else has the same experience.

7 Likes

Same problem.
Yesterday everything worked fine.
Today it’s lagging.
Simple prototypes work well, but the more complex are lagging badly.

3 Likes

Same here.
In the app it’s lagging
In chrome it’s dead

1 Like

:hear_no_evil:

I have the same issue, it lasts about 2 weeks! It drives me crazy…

1 Like

I’ve also experienced severe lag when running usability testing sessions. Is there a technical issue on figma’s side? I thought it was my participants internet connection.

Yeah. Yesterday it was fine. Today I get hover state on button after 3 sec. holding mouse on it…

2 Likes

Anyone heard anything on this? I have a very important presentation tomorrow and it’s too slow to work right now.

1 Like

Our team is currently taking a closer look at this.

2 Likes

Alright if you refresh now, do the lagging problems go away?

3 Likes

Yep, that did it for me.

Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Yes it seems like it is fixed, thanks for the quick response Figma team and also to the other users who shared their experience.

1 Like

Yes it works great again.
Life makes sense like this :partying_face:
Thanx

1 Like

@Josh For me it’s not good at all
I can DM a prototype link or a screenrecord if needed
can I?

Have you tried doing a restart?
When you say “not good at all” does this mean the prototype doesn’t load at all or is it just laggy? Can you provide some more info?

Hi josh
I’ve sent you a screen record via twitter

1 Like

Thanks. Will take a look at this today with the team. In the future if you click on my profile you should see a message button in the top right. This will let you send a PM within the forum. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Today, heavy prototypes can not be loaded again.