I realise a lot of people over the years have expressed issues with the prototype loading times being slow or transitions being slow.
I have a slightly unorganised and relatively small file really slowing down and sometimes even stalling completely when using the prototype. I was thinking this could be due to the use of an old machine but this occurs across a 3rd Gen i5, 10th Gen i7, and an M1 Mac.
My other hypothesis is that this happens due to the use of smart-animate (which is also glitching at some places) but I have worked on files that are much larger without experiencing such lag. Furthermore, I have noticed that this started to aggravate after I changed my Primary/Default color.