Prototype doesn't load anymore, after the latest update

Hi folks, I’m an engineer on the Prototyping team. It looks like this may be a separate issue to the one @Andrew_Chan addressed above.

@Johan_Holst, @Claudia_Nunez and @dadler, (and others!) would you mind elaborating on what errors you’re experiencing? Hopefully, this can help us get to the bottom of it.

• Is this happening on all prototypes, including new ones, or specific files?
  • If this is happening for some files, and not others, would you mind sharing the affected files with support-share@figma.com and either DMing me directly, or sending the file URLs to support@figma.com?

Hopefully, this will give us the information we need to find this bug!

Hi @Luca_Damasco

When I try to open a prototype link, fairly simple one, in a chrome browser it simply gets stuck on loading. It happens to all prototypes, regardless of complexity. And they all load perfectly fine in an incognito window.

I can’t share the files unfortunately as it is very client sensitive stuff I do for an agency as a freelancer and I’m not at liberty to share them.

I’m on the latest version of Chrome by the way. I also use Chrome with a Company managed Chrome profile. I have tried deactivating every Chrome plugin I have installed as well, one by one, and it does no difference. I have a sneaking suspicion it has something to do with Chrome settings related to it being a managed profile.

Seems as if Authentication is failing in the Console Logs of the browser. It loads when you launch the prototype link in an Incognito Window.

Logging out of Figma in chrome and then back in, did the trick here.

1 Like

Is this fixed for you. I am also experiencing the same issue, many of the links are broken and are getting redirected to the first screen on the first page of my file.

(post deleted by author)

@Andrew_Chan wondering if there is a fix yet for the links that are automatically redirecting to the first page of the file? Not specific to a prototype, just selecting a frame and copying the link. When trying to access that link via a google doc, slack, etc. it redirects to the first screen of the file.

This is fixed for me now, @Boris_Peshev. Is yours working any better with the recent updates?

I have the exact problem when doing user testing in a user call on chrome today . This actually happened to us more than 5 times in the past. In the end, I need to share my screen to test with the user.

Hi everyone, any update on this? I am having the same issue today when trying to share a Figma prototype link in Chrome. I know there might be work arounds in Chrome on my end to get it to work, but I am sharing the link with someone else who might not know what to do in their browser to be able to see it. Thanks!

Having the same issue here. Anyone else?

Having this issue with sharing prototype links with clients. Stuck on progress bar and hangs.

I’m also getting this issue trying to test a prototype with a client using iPads and it always gets stuck on the loading bar

with the latest update I’m in the same position. The prototypes that worked yesterday isn’t loading and I’m just stuck at the loading screen. Any news on this?

Yep, same problem. Prototype links worked fine yesterday. Get back to it today and the links between screens are not working. Have tried relinking, reloaded the app and tabs, tried in desktop and Figma mobile app… No luck. Any ideas?

How about now guys? do you guys fix it??

Anyone know how to fix this? I am getting the same issues when sharing a prototype and it being open on chrome.

It works when opening in Incognito, Firefox and Safari.

I have a similar issue. However, I’m able to access the prototype but it’s not loading for stakeholders overseas. We’ve tried Chrome, Edge and in incognito mode. I tried removing some flows as it is a fairly large file but nothing seems to be working.

FYI the prototype is embedded on a web page but even trying to load the Figma link still didn’t work.

How can we fix this issue?

I’m facing the same issue in every Project in the Figma Desktop Application & Browser Normal window, Just only the incognito window worked.

Hey @Aiota_Technologies, thanks for flagging it, and sorry to hear you are having issues!
Please reach out directly to the support team with a copy of your file here: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new Our technical quality team investigate further.

Be sure to use your Figma account email, include a link to the file, and share it with support-share@figma.com so they can take a closer look. Thank you!