Property names special character and emoji bugs

This is a bug report.

In a component with variants, a property name contained emoji and special characters.

The file containing the base component failed to save changes (and eventually crashed). Publishing the component works, but any file containing an instance of the component would also fail to save changes. Also, changing variants of the instance only worked with toggles (true/false). Changing variants via select menu would open the menu and show the options, but not allow selecting any of the options.

To debug I made 2 simple files - one with the simple component, and the other with one instance of that component.

Removing all emoji and any special characters (eg : ') from the property name resolved the issue.

I didn’t go so far as debugging specific characters.

Report bugs to Figma support team via the bug report form.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.