Preview Prototype Hide Black Bar

When previewing a prototype (in the native app) you can hide the Figma UI but it still shows a black bar at the top with the tabs on the left and the company name in the top right corner. There should be a way to hide the black bar at the top. I don’t want to have to go the web interface in order to do this. And going full screen does not get rid of this either. The prototype should be able to go full screen without seeing any of the Figma interface.

4 Likes

I totally agree.
Nowadays all of my students are presenting in Figma instead of using Keynote or ppt.
Always having the black menu bar on top with document names like “presentation” or “final test test”…
It’s really unprofessional in my opinion and there must be a solution for this.

PS: Using the browser to use this “killer feature” is not a solution.

Hi all,

We’ve recently been conducting some user testing using the observation mode within Figma to view each participant.

Something that we’ve noticed recently is that when users go to click on items in the main navigation, the Figma presentation view sidebar obscures the header whether show sidebar is activated or not.

It’s a bit of a pain and definitely frustrating for users - am I missing a way to prevent this?
It would be great if the sidebar didn’t interfere with the prototype at all.

I’ve uploaded some screenshots below to show what I’m talking about.

Thanks!

9 Likes

+1 Honestly would be better if the figma header UI wasn’t overlaying prototypes at all. It’s becoming a real pain, im having to add more white space at the top of frames.

9 Likes

Any solution to this…I am still facing issue.

@anon21722796
Overlay buttons (that you can hide) are ok.
Overlay bar that covers a part of design is a big NO.

Empathise with this:
We have 7 designers who share prototypes with 100 to potentially 1000 colleagues and managers. We send the link (or post it on knowledge management platform) to a mobile or desktop design and get contacted back about design being “cut off”, “unable to click on top navigation that is barely sticking out”, or “lacking navigation bar” (because they don’t even know there is navigation bar design underneath the Figma bar.

Now we designers can hide it (even though it’s annoying repeated task) because we work with Figma and know how it works. 99,993% of our organisation can’t.

9 Likes

I’m facing the same Issue. I need to share the prototype with the team and we have Navigation buttons on the header of the prototype.
PLease @FigmaForUserResearch create an option to hide or remove the move interaction of the Figma top toolbar.

Hi – this profile isn’t associated with Figma, but maybe they should have a channel for supporting researchers, yeah?

This is a big pain point for our organization at the moment blocking the potential to switch to Figma from Sketch + Invision.

We cannot ask top management or have training sessions just to be able to teach them to view the top of the desktop page designs.

It would be great if it could get fixed.

You can hide top black bar by pressing this ctrl + \ or ctrl in windows.

4 Likes

This totally works. Thanks.

1 Like

@muneeb_qazi, thank you for the solution, unfortunately this still does not solve the issue what @Slava_Bronevitskiy pointed out.

"Empathise with this:
We have 7 designers who share prototypes with 100 to potentially 1000 colleagues and managers. We send the link (or post it on knowledge management platform) to a mobile or desktop design and get contacted back about design being “cut off”, “unable to click on top navigation that is barely sticking out”, or “lacking navigation bar” (because they don’t even know there is navigation bar design underneath the Figma bar.

Now we designers can hide it (even though it’s annoying repeated task) because we work with Figma and know how it works. 99,993% of our organisation can’t."

4 Likes

⌘/ or uncheck option of “Show Figma UI” in the preview options and then generate a new link :slight_smile:

6 Likes

3 Likes

The shortcut Cmd + \ (on mac) does not work when I am in the prototype view. I should use the menu to disable. After that, no option to make it visible again. Any idea?

1 Like

I had this problem too: When I hide the Figma UI on the Mac, I can’t seem to bring it back again with ctrl + .

Then I noticed that when the UI is turned off, Figma appends ‘&hide-ui=1’ to the URL. When I delete that from the URL and refresh, the UI is back on.

4 Likes

Is it so hard to introduce a “fullscreen” feature in the prototype, enabled by a button in the UI? We talking about the globally leading application for developing user experience design here. Somehow I get the feeling they do it on purpose. It’s a big pain in presentations when designing in 1920x1080 (and presented on a screen with this resolution). The design is cut off in the bottom and we see the tabs in the top of the screen. Very confusing to users and frustrating to designers.

…the shortcut command + backslash is a joke. The backslash is not accessible directly on the keyboard. One need to press shift + alt +7 for backslash. So how to do it?

Yes, we can hide the figma UI, but why is it overlaying the design in the first place, instead of the prototype being displayed directly below it without being overlaid? I always need to explain my collegues and customers how to configure it properly to be able to use the prototype.

1 Like

Rachel_H… has the workaround!

append ‘&hide-ui=1’ to the URL to hide the UI

3 Likes