Please consider audio for Figma

Today, I can’t add sound to my prototype.

Sound is a crucial part of our design language and without sound it’s just half the story.

Who else is missing audio to enrich the experience?

5 Likes

Sound effects are typical in design systems that are used for platforms other than web/mobile, for example “ten foot experiences” that run on TVs.

Audio support in Figma could also enable the prototyping of audio-based accessibility features.

2 Likes

Creating prototypes with sound interactions is something I’ve always wanted on Figma, it’s an essential part of many products. At the moment there aren’t plugins for doing this. And I know there are tons of external tools to implement a sound feedback but having everything on Figma would be really great.

Does anyone have the need for this feature or is it just me? How you would implement it?

2 Likes
  1. Would love to add sounds to prototype animations / transitions
2 Likes

If you’re testing it in browsers… no chance. This is something all modern ones block by default.

1. Unable to add audio files

2. Provide a way to feature audio files in prototype, similar to the option offered in Adobe XD

3. Other than using a code through Anima, I don’t believe there’s an easy way to integrate audio files.