Pinch-to-zoom unreliable

Same here …I am having thing issue on my MacPro (non M1 chip) It’s so frustrating… My team leaders are thinking to move to Sketch

1 Like

I’m facing the same thing - usually quitting and restarting Figma will fix it, but for some reason, that didn’t work today either.

1 Like

Same issue here. And no, it’s not OS-wide, it’s only an issue with Figma.

1 Like

Same issue

1 Like

Same problem here. If restarting does not work usually “force quit” the Figma agent from the activity monitor. This is mildly infuriating.

1 Like

Was working later half of yesterday and this morning, just stopped working again.

1 Like

Zoom in/out does not work and requires restarting figma, which often happens,Is this a bug? Has anyone encountered this problem?

2 Likes

This happened to me the other day, and it has happened to me before. It’s definitely not an OS problem since I can still zoom in and out on browsers and other apps.

The strange thing is that it only happens with zooming in/out with a trackpad, when I use the keyboard hotkeys it works fine.

1 Like

Jezz, I though it was only me!

1 Like

Facing the same issues as everyone else. Pinch to zoom randomly stops working. Issue is only present in Figma.

1 Like

Same here on a M1 MacBook Air too. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. Going from one app to another is causing the issue.

1 Like

Same problem here. This is incredibly disruptive.

1 Like

It just happened! I’m using a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019) Core i7 with Monterey V12.3. Hope Figma is investigating the issue!

1 Like

Having the same issue still.

1 Like

Hi Josh - any idea when this might be fixed? It’s still happening multiple times each day, so you can imagine how frustrating it is - thanks for looking into this!

I am also having this issue.

1 Like

I’m having this issue too! Only started happening consistently the past few weeks. It’s so frustrating.

1 Like

I’ve been having this issue on and off over the last year of using Figma. Joey’s tip around resetting it in the macOS system preferences is the only thing that reliably fixes this issue for me.

Thanks Joey!

1 Like

Hey @Josh.

This is a bug in Figma’s app, not the MacOS. Pinch-to-zoom reliably works in other Mac applications, like Safari and Sketch and Photoshop. The issue is recurring several times a day. Could the dev team provide an estimate on when they plan to fix this bug?

Thanks,
JJ

4 Likes

This worked for me.