Pinch-to-zoom unreliable

Don’t we have a fix on this yet?? This has been going on FOR YEARS ALREADY!! This is so frustrating!!

1 Like

Still got this problem everyday since last year… :melting_face:

This happens to me soooo many times, multiple times a day, on 2 laptops. so frustrating. enabling/disabling the Pinch-to-Zoom option from preferences is so tedious and annoying. :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

This worked for me :smiley:

It might be Mac issue, but when my figma screen freezes, rest pinch to scale is working on other screens as well {like browser}, also when I leave the figma screen for few minute, pinching starts working. I have been facing this issue when I shifted from Macbook Pro M1 to Macbook Pro Intel 2020, Ventura.

May be because of too long running of app in background or too many browser tabs are open, may be an issue. Also when I use Figma Mirror on browser then I am able to see this issue more frequent.

This information can be helpful.
Happy Designing.

1 Like

I have the same problems as well. I started to think that the trackpad was broken. MacBook Pro 2017, Ventura 13.2

Thanks for posting this – it happens to me, as well.
MacBook Pro 16-inch, 2019
macOS Ventura, Version 13.1

Thanks everyone for the additional information. When pinch is not working, does panning or moving around work? We’ve generally received reports of specifically pinch to zoom not working, but some of the recent reports here sound like the tab just might not be interactive for a few seconds.

Thanks,
John

I get this issue multiple times a week usually. Sometimes multiple times a day.

+1 here. Happening every couple of hours on MacBook Air M2 2022, Ventura 13.2.

1 Like

Please fix it

1 Like

Hi, this is a regular issue for me too. Works fine when using mac mouse, but on trackpad pinch to zoom stops working whenever switching to another app and back into Figma.
MacBook Pro 16-inch, 2019
macOS Ventura, Version 13.2

1 Like

This has been frustrating for very long…

Responding to @John_L : Panning still works, and zooming with keyboard commands works even when pinch is not working.
For me the pinch seems to come back after waiting for a few minutes, but usually don’t have that patience so I just restart the whole app.

using MacBook 2020
macOS Ventura 13.2.1

I get this every day, 3 maybe 4 times a day. I’ll be in the middle of doing something and the pinch zoom won’t work. I have to quit the program and even then it doesn’t work. It’s really frustrating!!! Please fix.

2 Likes

This happens to me constantly—twice already this morning. The turning trackpad off/on preferences is a nice tip, but it’s not a fix.

The same issue. Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1.
This happens very often, almost each 30-60 minutes

3 Likes

Hi all,

When this happens, is it happening on the desktop app or in the browser? If it is the desktop app, does it also happen for Figma in the browser?

We’ve filed a bug with Apple, and they are asking for a ‘sysdiagnose’ when this is occurring to troubleshoot further. This is a pretty big ask, but if you are willing, running ‘sudo sysdiagnose’ in a terminal will generate a large dump that we can then share with Apple.

Thanks,
John

Hey John – it’s happening for me right now, in the desktop app. I tried opening the browser Figma, and I am able to pinch-to-zoom.

If I then switch back to the desktop app, it still doesn’t work.

1 Like

Thanks garethj for that data point!

1 Like

Happened to me on and off for a while now. Quick fix is to close and re-open the file—annoying but works every time :slight_smile: