Pinch-to-zoom unreliable

Thank you so much for this.

1 Like

Hi there ! This happens to me a lot lately, the pinch to zoom works on other tab or app but not for Figma. It happens in the desktop app and in Safari version. My most recent action was to open Figma and Iā€™m on Mac OS Ventura 13.0.1 !
Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Hello! Thank you for your report!!

I totally understand if it is not convenient, but if you hit this again, would you be willing to take a screen recording of the pinch to zoom not working for Figma but working for a different window? Iā€™d be curious to see things in action just to get a better view/understanding of things.

Thanks,
John

Hello everyone ! :wave:

I also have the same problem for a good year, and even more since the update to Ventura 13.1. I have a 2019 16" MacBook Pro.

I only use the Figma app or Figma Beta.

The zoom problem occurs when I navigate between two tabs of the application or just after a frame modification.

I have exactly the same specs and OS, and the same issue as Zack here

Thank you all for the additional information. When the zoom problem happens in the desktop app, does pinch-to-zoom also appear to be broken in a regular browser tab? Or is it only the desktop app that seems broken? Also curious if you always have to take action before it starts working again? We had a recent internal report that said that things started working again without toggling preferences or sleeping. Thanks!

Hi John, I donā€™t have a pinch to zoom problem either on a browser tab or on a Miro for example. Only through the Figma app.

Indeed to fix this: either I wait a few minutes, or I deactivate and reactivate the pinch to zoom in the settings.

1 Like

I have been dealing with this issue for a year. I do the turning of the computer and go to the trackpad settings and turn off and on the pinch to zoom (although this last option does not always work)

Answering your questions:

1. I currently have a MacBook Pro M1, 2020, with macOS Ventura 13.1 (and the pinch-zoom issues have been since early 2022 or end of 2021)
  2. It is only broken when I am in Figma, I have tested it with Illustrator and other apps, and it works in the other apps but not Figma.
  3. I have noticed that it is every time I switch from Figma to another program/tab outside of Figma. (And I do that a lot, and thatā€™s why this issue is very annoying when being in a creative flow)

I will keep tracking if I notice any differences or if it happens in a different app.
Thank you for looking into the issue.

Hi! Thank you for your post. Just to clarify. This is for the Figma desktop app, and not for using Figma through the browser? Thanks for the info!

ah yes forgot to mention that, it is form the desktop app.

Still annoying in 2023. I experience this in the app mainly, although I canā€™t rule out desktop. Iā€™m in Ventura 13.1.

Still happening in 2023. Opening menu with 2-finger press, hiding Figma UI and showing Figma UI again works every time for me and I think itā€™s the fastest solution.

1 Like

It looks like a macOS problem. When the zoom issue happens, the pinch-to-zoom feature in the browser is broken too. Putting the laptop to sleep is one of the solutions. Or you can use killall Dock command.

Hi,
After upgrading to monterey, Iā€™m experiencing some issues with my trackpad, most noticable when working with Figma.
The trackpadā€™s sensitivity is not as good as it was before the Monterey update. While using Figma, the user experience became much worse. When using pinch to zoom, it became sluggish, not as responsive as before, and the animation stutters regurarly.
Is it just my macbook doing this, or is it a more whidespread problem with Monterey and trackpad usage?

M1 Macbook - verziĆ³ Monterey 12.0.1 (21A559)
Chrome - verziĆ³: 95.0.4638.69 (Hivatalos verziĆ³) (arm64)

3 Likes

i have the same problem in my MacBook Air M1 after update to Monterey

1 Like

@Szarka_Balint Is this on both the web and the desktop app versions of Figma? Or are you noticing this when only using the web version (you mentioned Chrome, but let us know if it is also happening on the desktop app).

@Maique_Anderson ā€“ ^ same questions for you. You mentioned youā€™re on Monterey, but didnā€™t mention if you were using the web version or the desktop app.

1 Like

I experience these issues everywhere

I have the same issue. It seems to be the same whether I use the app or browser (chrome).

1 Like

Iā€™m also experiencing this issue. I agree that itā€™s most noticeable in Figma, but Iā€™m able to recreate the issue in Safari and others apps as well which implies itā€™s an OS-level bug. Iā€™ve submitted feedback to Apple (FB9796210).

1 Like

I am experiencing the same issue, especially with zoom, multiple selection holding shift button and app expose actually on every app :frowning: